Sunday, July 18, 2010

Grief...

There have been a few things in my world recently, that have gotten me thinking about grief. Everyone deals with grief at one point or another in life: health problems, infertility, financial stress, marital difficutlies, addiction... the list is long and sometimes sorted... Grief= Pain. Pain is pain and nobody can determine the degree of anothers suffering, or really compare suffering. So my thoughts on dealing with it all:
  1. Allow yourself to "feel" the emotion when it comes. Don't shove it down. Just be.
  2. Let tears happen
  3. Accept yourself
  4. Do your best to avoid the whys, and if only's... I assume all go here. Escape the trap of getting "stuck" here.
  5. Be paitent with yourself. Work through your grief at your own pace

Wish life was all sunshine and lolipops, but I guess if it were, it'd be easy to forget to recoginize the blessings.

6 comments:

Meg Cleverly said...

I Love you Kim!!!!!
Love,
Meghan

Jen said...

Great tips, thanks Kim

Sarah said...

thinking of ya cute girl. it was so fun to see you and your kids last month. hang in there.

Kimberly said...

Awesome, thanks for your thoughts. I agree with everyone. Also, if it's one of our own kids causing us grief through wrong choices, don't blame yourself, remember everyone even our kids have their own agency and will have to experience the consequences of their choices. Thanks.

Heather said...

I really think you should write a book Kimma. Love you.

Jessica O. said...

Love you! Heather she is writing a book it is about stinky cheese!