Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just Thinking...

I love Utah sunsets. Well, I love sunsets anywhere. This is the view from Jess's house. It is awesome.
so I have finally been able to get into a book. I've been in a dry spell lately. IT is, Have a little faith, by Mitch Albom. It's a true story. Mitch is interviewing/visiting with his childhood rabbi. For some reason this Rabbi has asked him to do his eulogy. Rabbi's been sick for awhile. Anyways, these two men develop a friendship. One day as they visit, the topic of happiness comes up. Mich asks Rabbi, "what is the key?" Rabbi respond, "Be satisfied. Be grateful." I have spent some time thinking on this. Rabbi speaks truth. Most of the unhappiness in my life, is a result of not listening to this counsel. I guess it all comes back to being in the here and now. When I do this, it seem I"m satisfied with what is, instead of being caught up in a constant stream of thought, of all that is not right in my life, or what I need or should be doing. Believe me when I say, there is more than one way in which "things"in my life are not right. Point is, this is true for all of us, no one has the "perfect" life; so when we not only accept, but are satisfied, with what is, life's better. Not sure if that makes any sense but enough babble for today. So I'm aiming to : Be SATISFIED & Be GRATEFUL!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Kim - that is a great book and also great advice to "be satisfied and grateful"!
Love ya ... please tell my adorable grandkids "hi and I love them tons"!!

Jen said...

As usual you wrote exactly what I needed to hear. I have been very occupied with what I don't have. Thanks for the reminder to be satisfied and grateful for the things I do have.

Heather said...

That is great! I often forget to live in the moment, but I also know we're all happier when I do!

Jessica O. said...

I will have to read that book. Great lesson sort of sounds like the Rabbi and President Hinckley took a page from the same book!

Heather said...

Sounds like a good book, and good advice. Thanks Kimma. You're a dream.

Jer + Lu said...

Love Mitch Albom. He's full of all kinds of good life advice. Thanks for sharing this one!