Thursday, October 8, 2009


So the other night as I was reading my delicious book, there was a fly buzzing around in my otherwise quiet abode. Jeremy was snoring, the kids were nestled in there beds, and there was a giant fly disturbing my quiet time. I had the thought to myself, why don't butterflies come in our homes and fly around? That would be pleasant, I would love to look at them, and they are quiet.
Wouldn't you prefer a quiet butterfly to a noisy disgusting fly? I would but, I don't see this happening in the foreseeable future. Someday I'm going to have a world where butterflies are the pests you find in your home, children are tidy eaters, and never ever argue.

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Why am I always snoring in these stories? Sometimes I sleep very quietly. I have sleep apnea. And it should also be known our kids are RARELY nestled in their own beds... Andrew sleeps next to Kim 90% of the time, Lexie sleeps at the foot of our bed on the floor half the time, and Anna usually sleeps most of the night in her bed before coming in to our room as well. Luckily for me, I'm usually snoring too loud to hear them or already at work. The monarchs just came through on their way to Mexico for the winter, it was pretty cool.

Jessica O. said...

What was the delicious book? I think flies are the worst. Miss you guys. By the way I'm jealous of the 80 degree swim day.

Jerry said...

It sounds fun. What was your delicious book? I just read a long walk and it was soo good. I am happy that Jeremy has a voice in what goes on at your house. It is about the same as mine. It sounds like you are doing good. Love, MOM

Heather said...

You are so great!