"The lead ox, he is the animal at the left front of the team. George is the dominant animal and the most intelligent of the four. The other three oxen look to George to make the decisions. He is gentle and extremely hard working but can be a disciplinarian with the other oxen if they do not behave." (http://www.frontier-resources.blogspot.com/).The other day my mother made this comment on one of my postings, "Kids are so responsive to all the good that you teach but as the mother you will often feel like the Lead Oxen and it seems that you get in the harnesses each day and just pull the family along. It is a lot of work but definitely worth it. Love MOM"
I thought a lot about this, did a little research and I think the Lead Oxen is an accurate description of a mother and women in general. After the research I really felt it must be true "most intelligent" and all. But some days it is just exhausting, don't you think?
8 comments:
Exhausting but what else would we do with all of our time. We would be BORED!!! Love you. I'm sure enjoying your blog updates. It makes me miss you a little less.
What a great statement! It is tiring sometimes, but you always have little rewarding moments to keep you going!
Kimma, you are a blogging fool and I love it!
Keep up the good work. You have been trusted with some very precious souls. (no pressure). I think it is THE most exhausting job there is. So give yourself a break every now and then. What airport is closest to you?
P.S. Kathy is very wise.
Kimma you are the lead ox. Motherhood is exhausting. You would think we would always sleep well. Miss you.
Absolutely true!!
I love that analagy. So so true.
Kim Thanks for doing the research on the Lead Oxen. Women have an important job to do. Love, MOM
Post a Comment