Yesterday I took Annie to the Doctor for a lump she has on her neck. It has been there for a few months and has been looked at before, but has persisted. Anyhow, the Doctor said, "these things are usually innocuous" then followed it up with "benign", cause he didn't think I was smart enough to know the meaning of innocuous. Why do they, (they being Doctors) assume everyone is dumb? Actually I know the answer to that one, a lot of the people they deal with are not the sharpest tools in the shed. I digress. The point to this post was he had me take Anna to have her blood drawn.
We got to the lab like 5 minutes before closing hoping they would still get us in. The lady was there alone and was worried about being able to get her to hold still. I said I would certainly be able to hold the light weight down. She then, before starting asked me if I would be okay. I explained I was a tough love mom, and would be fine. Anna did great, but I was surprised at how much it did pull on my heart strings. I said to Jeremy, "I don't know how parents who have chronically ill kids do it." I don't think I could imagine anything worse. So to anyone who has had that cross to carry. My hats off to you.
9 comments:
I remember when you where checking on that lump at my house. Keep us posted on what you find.
(I don't know what innocuous means, does that mean I'm not a sharp tool?)
No Heath you know you are a sharp tool. You also know what I mean sometimes they think they are the smartest busiest people in the world. ONe resone I love Dr. Doug he never made you feel that way, alwyas spent adeqiate time with you at each visit
I've had to have Boo's blood drawn and it's horrible. I don't know how the lady was able to get her blood. We had to take Boo to PCMC after she was poked 5 times by some lady that didn't have experience with kids. I cried my eyes out. BTW we have those same boots. they're so SASSY!!
I agree with you on the chronically ill. If I even think about it I start to cry. Miss you.
Keep us posted Kim. I'm with Heather that I don't know what innocuous means, and I am NOT a sharp tool like Heather is. Anna is getting big and is so cute.
I guess i am dumb what does Inocuous mean??
Meghan
Kim, Did Anna cry and just look at you like why are you letting them do this to me? I hope everything is okay. Did you like the doctor other than that?
I must have been out of line. I did like the Doctor he was very nice, he was brief, but I think he is thourgh, and I am sure he was busy. I am also dumb cause I can't spell anything. Anna did look at me like why are you letting them do this. It made me sad, and I prayed they would only have to stick her once, which they did. The women who drew her blood was very nice. So was the Doctor.
Wow! The everyday in health care isn't everyday for the patient. We always need to be better and do the very best that we can to make people comfortable. Love, MOM
Post a Comment