Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Banana Anna

So, a few may find this offensive, but it was funny so I'm sharing. Several weeks back, Anna lied to me. I was in an odd parenting moment and I informed my three year old that liars are thrust down to Hell. I also told her Hell was a scary hot place. I did to it in a jovial manner, Maybe not my best moment; she had a tad bit of fear in her eyes and she told the truth. Anyways it stuck with her. Last week at the end of my work week, I started singing, "I don't have to go to work for 5 days." I repeated this a few times and then 3 days into my 5 days off Lexie asked if it had been five days. At first I didn't know what she was talking about. She then prefaced my singing. I explained that I didn't have to work tomorrow, being Sunday, or Monday, but come Tuesday I would be going to work. Anna replied, "I, don't like Tuesday, Tuesday can thrust down to Hell." I guess at least she used it appropriately. I tried not to laugh and told her it was probably best if we didn't talk this way; but man that girl has some humor and fire in her! I love it. She has been providing me with endless comedy lately and keeping me humble. I do have to say, I'm glad she'd rather be home with me, cause heaven knows I'd rather be with her!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's awesome.
I've had my own struggle teaching James about being honest. Maybe I should try that approach.

Jessica O. said...

I can think of something funnier that she said.