Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 4: 30 Days of Gratitude,


At this Christmas season I feel a deep sense of gratitude for my Savior. Lately I have been spending more time thinking about my need for the atonement in my life, how it has blessed my life this past year, which has been a difficult one, and how I have a continued daily need for repentance in my life. Some days more than others. I am so grateful for a Savior, for his awareness of me, aware of the details of my life; my individual struggles and challenges, my heartaches, mistakes and how he is always there regardless of my errors. Sometimes it makes me mad at myself that I will repeat the same mistake, but I often do which is the challenge in repentance, not continuing to make the same mistakes. I feel so blessed and know my prayers are heard and answered and so often through the people in my life. I sometimes don't feel worthy of all I've been blessed with, but I am grateful. So on day four I am so grateful for the birth of our Savior, I'm grateful for the beauty of the season the joy and fun it is to celebrate. I love the magic of this time of year and hope to instill in my children that the magic is because of the message of hope and peace our Savior brings; all the decorations, lights, presents etc. are a symbol and reminder of a greater message. I love this time of year and am so grateful for my Savior.