Yesterday I had some dear friends I grew up with over for dinner. We were missing a few but it was a great evening with good food and good company. I always love getting together at this time of year with the gals I grew up with. They in so many ways helped to mold and shape me into who I am. When I'm with these individual I always hope the phrase, "birds of a feather flock together" is true; cause if it is, I'm doing ok. They have all grown into amazing women who I admire so much. My friend Natalie was there and it was so fun to see her, work with her in the kitchen. She is the mother of 3 and the oldest is 2 as of September. She is handling things beautifully and she is been a part of my life since I was 3 just to give you the history. As little girls we were connected at the hip and I have always felt so blessed to have her in my life.
Then we had Alicia. She moved into the neighborhood I grew up in when I was in 5th grade. She has always been a great example of self discipline. She knows what is important in life, and she always makes the right choice.
Heather and her hubby were also able to make it. Heather has 3 little boys and is amazing mother. This amongst many other great attributes is probably what I admire most about her.
Everyones spouse was able to make it, we had two babies and no kids, which sometimes makes catching up more fun. I am grateful for good friends in my life, the old and the new. The blessing of friendship is one I've always had an ample portion of. There is not shortage of good people in my life. Thanks guys for a great evening, we need to do it more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have to say I was a little bit jealous of Natty on Saturday night! Glad you were all able to get together. You have great friends, and you are a great friend.
I couldn't agree more, beautiful sentiments.
Good friends are hard to come by and we have been lucky enough to have lots. This is something I am thankful for everyday.
Kim, I like that I have you so fooled! You're the best!
Post a Comment