Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 12: 30 Days of Gratitiude... Reminders

Today I am grateful for the reminder I got today at church. The whole block of meetings was very good. I love the Ward I live and and am so grateful to be surrounded by so many good people. Relief Society was an especially good meeting, it was on the Holy Ghost. I was reminded of all the gifts I have received none are as impactful and as this gift; and if I so choose, am able to have with me always. It is funny how we can get caught up in wanting material things and forgetting that all we need we really already have and then some. I feel like in my own life I'm very good at recognizing something is a prompting from the spirit after the moment to act has past. Usually it's not that I'm blatantly ignoring these whisperings it's the failure to recognize them for what they are.
During the lesson we discussed how to be more receptive to the spirit. I think what stuck with me was the idea slowing down. Psalms 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God," kept playing through my mind as the lesson progressed. I hope I will have the wisdom to take the time in my life to stop and reflect, be still, and allow the workings of the spirit to enter my life. I am so busy and spread a little thin at this phase of my life, but I think because of this it that much more important that I follow this wise counsel. My challenge to all: take a little time each day this holiday season to be reflect and be still. God comes to us in all the little things that when we are moving at warp speed we miss; a sunset, a snowflake, the cute little things our children try to share with us, the kind word of a neighbor, or friend. I hope I will remember to, "be still" and recognize the Lords hand and direction in my life.

1 comment:

Jessica O. said...

i love the idea of being still. I think I'm a mover but every now and then I realize I need to slow down. Very nice!