Tonight I took the kids to Temple Square to see the lights. I have always loved this tradition, loved Christmas lights, seeing the Christas, drinking a little of the holiday spirit. It was super crowded, but a good night to go because it wasn't very cold. The grounds were beautiful and it is always fun to be part of a greater whole enjoying the season, partaking of holiday traditions, seeing others with there families and enjoying the festivities. One of my favorite parts of the nights was a conversation I had with Annie. She commented on the pretty temple and asked if I got married in that "big pretty temple." I told her I did and she then informed me she wanted to get married there. For a minute I had a glimpse in my mind of what that would be like and how quickly that time will probably come. I gave her a tight squeeze and just hoped she'd stay little for a long time. They grow and change so fast. It was a fun night; I enjoyed the lights and spending time with my family. It was a large group we went with and we got separated from each other many times, I think because of the crowds. I even found some fun and humor in this. I love this Christmas season!Saturday, December 11, 2010
Day 11: 30 days of Gratitude ... Temple Square
Tonight I took the kids to Temple Square to see the lights. I have always loved this tradition, loved Christmas lights, seeing the Christas, drinking a little of the holiday spirit. It was super crowded, but a good night to go because it wasn't very cold. The grounds were beautiful and it is always fun to be part of a greater whole enjoying the season, partaking of holiday traditions, seeing others with there families and enjoying the festivities. One of my favorite parts of the nights was a conversation I had with Annie. She commented on the pretty temple and asked if I got married in that "big pretty temple." I told her I did and she then informed me she wanted to get married there. For a minute I had a glimpse in my mind of what that would be like and how quickly that time will probably come. I gave her a tight squeeze and just hoped she'd stay little for a long time. They grow and change so fast. It was a fun night; I enjoyed the lights and spending time with my family. It was a large group we went with and we got separated from each other many times, I think because of the crowds. I even found some fun and humor in this. I love this Christmas season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I always take Temple Square for granted since I work right here. I need to get out and drink in some of that holiday spirit.
Horray for home internet!! I love your gratitude list. You are one of the most optimistic people I have ever met. You make me smile :)
Okay...I want to hear the rest of the story!
Temple Square is a very special place, for sure.
I get excited when I think about the bright futures of our children and all they have to look forward to.
Post a Comment