Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Passage of time...




It is funny, the little things that mark the passage of time. As I lay in the hammock and watch Andrew swing, I'm reminded of how fast time passes. He is six next month. Last summer he needed to be pushed in the swing, now he pumps. They learn and change so fast. I remember the first time I saw him. I remember being in the Temple with him, when his first tooth came in. How excited I was when we started him on solids. Why I was excited for that I'll never know. I didn't know any better. I worry if I am doing all that I should with him. I try, but feel, I sometimes fall short. Well enough of my babble. I guess this is why it is so important to live in the now and not let the worries of tomorrow steal all our time today.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

Heather said...

Children are miracles in every way. They are truly gifts. You are a great mother and Andrew is a fine boy!

Linda said...

Oh how I love that boy!! He loves life and is so curious about everything! He is growing up way too fast!!
Tell him and the girls that grandma misses them and loves them!

Gooches said...

if there is one bit of advice i can give to all mothers, especially my friends, it is PLEASE live in the now. do not waste your time worrying about what might never happen. our life, our health can change in a small moment and shift your world. enjoy every moment because you never know how many more on this earth you may have. i love you deeply.

Heather said...

Kim, YOU ARE THE BEST!

Jessica O. said...

Kim you are doing great! Andrew is a good boy full of life. I love him. We learn from our past and look forward to the future but should always remain PRESENT. Nice post!

Cheri said...

Love that you blogged from your iphone. I can't figure out how to do it from my ipad. love you little Andrew gem. he is a great kid with a little spice so you must be doing something right...