Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer




Summer has finally arrived and with it a piece of my happiness. Today was a perfect day. The Ward trips to Cherry Hill have begun. The kids had their swimsuits on this morning, before I even got out of bed. We should be the offcial family of Cherry Hill, we go so often.
Today we: swam, made scotcharoos, got our bikes fixed*, rode bikes, helped Lexie practice on a two wheeler. She did great. She can either balance or steer, not both at the same time. With a little more practice she'll have it! She was very pleased with herself, and kept giggling. She has a great laugh. We read stories and sang songs.
It was just a good day, I'm so grateful to be a mom and so grateful for good family and friends in my life. I talked to both the Heather's in my life today. Maybe it is the name but they don't come any better and I love you both.
I walked with my mom at the cemetery tonight. It was a nice summer night and I'm so glad it finally had arrived!

*the other night Andrew was riding Lexie's bike cause his needed a new tire and tube. He tried to jump something and the entire handle bar came out. He did a complete 360, scraped his head on the ground and came out only losing a tuft of hair! This kid is tough(no tears). Hence the fixing of the bikes.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Heather said...

You're a gem Kimma!

Jen said...

I love summer and Cherry Hill. Enjoy every moment while it lasts.

Jessica O. said...

Summer is fun. I will have to try to come to Cherry Hill a couple of times. It is good to recognize the good days and realize it is the ordinary things that make life good. I love you!

Heather said...

I love PERFECT summer days! So far we've had 2. I think being out of school for two days makes for a great start! We too went and rode bikes last night. Cooper is still working on becoming an expert bike rider! It's pretty hard on our hill! Can't wait to be able to join you at Cherry Hill soon!

Linda said...

Cherry Hill is so FUN! The summer weather was short lived this past week - but hopefully it returns soon.
Your kids love sun and water and being outside - they are so CUTE!!
Enjoy!