Monday, March 29, 2010

Family Home Evening







Tonights topic: How to show respect in the bathroom. I think we'd all agree families are about teamwork. The ideas of mutual respect, the golden rule, and basic courtesy all apply, especially in the bathroom. Lately I have been freuquently coming upon the scene and others like it, as seen in the above picture. Tonights lesson will cover these main points:
- flush toilet after use
- if you have had trouble with your aim, wipe up the mess, please
-do not leave faucet running (this one is for Annie as she recently flooded the bathroom by this mistake)
-rinse toothpaste down the drain. And also make special efforts not to get toothpaste all over clothing. It stains.
-Don't leave people stranded replace toilet paper roll when empty.
-Last, but not least, bathroom time is private time. We don't all need to be in the room when I shower, and so forth.
I know my children are young, but it is never too young to start with these general rules of bathroom courtesy. I think you'll all agree we will be a happier family, if abiding by these principles.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

11 comments:

Heather said...

All good things that should be taught. Any one else who will eventually live with your children will be grateful for this etiquette they have learned!

Jen said...

Sometimes I have to give myself that reminder lesson.

Heather said...

Good luck Kim! We review these things on a regular basis...we forget quickly!

Jessica O. said...

Three boys makes this difficult. They are getting better with the toothpaste but honestly the pee never stops. It would be wonderful if everyone's parents taught these small simple (huge) lessons.

Linda said...

These are good lessons to teach, expect that you will need to address it more than once because kids are in a hurry and not too worried about a clean bathroom.

Why aren't you sleeping at 1:29 am? I guess that is your time to think about FHE lesson topics?

Natty said...

I have one more to add. Close all drawers/cupboards when finished using them. Be careful with the spray on the mirrors. O.k. that was two. I agree its never to early to start training.

love bug momma said...

love it! it reminds me of a very important (and too late) FHE lesson teaching how to STOP a toilet from overflowing... hee hee

Turpin Times said...

This reminds me of a quote my Grandma Nielsen had hanging above her basement toilet - "We aim to please, you aim too please." We have a serious aiming problem at our house too. It DRIVES ME CRAZY! That, and toothpaste in the sink and on the mirror. It's a daily thing the boys are reminded to work on. UGH!

Jessica said...

You're such a great mom!

Rexburg Sorensens said...

The toothpaste in the sink looks all too familiar to us! LOL! At least we're not alone in the battle to keep a tidy bathroom.

Andria said...

Hey will you come teach that one at my house? Even if I lock the door, my daughter picks the lock!Ha - private time.