I know the eyes are not helping the look but this was the best shot I got before sending him BACK to bed, where you could see the damage. I had put the kids to bed and was upstairs having a moment to myself. I knew they were talking and playing but I thought they were staying in their room and being quiet so I didn't care. Then Andrew came up with his hands over his head. For some reason I didn't think anything of it till he took them off and said," Do you like it?" No, not really, was my thought. I went from anger, to sadness, to this is hilarious in a nano second. The real humor hit when he and Lexie realized it wasn't a good look. I had sent them to bed as I was texting the photo to my fam, and I over hear Lexie saying, "I don't like it. Maybe you can where a hat to school tomorrow so no one sees it." She is four how does she know it is bad? Oh who am I kidding, look at the picture of course she knew it was bad. It wasn't till after Andrew processed this comment that he said he didn't want to go to school tomorrow. I know I''ll just have to buzz or Bic the rest off but I just don't want to. It will take forever to grow back; I suppose that is better than the alternative, sporting a bald patch on the front of your head for the next several months. Why I ask, why?? I could've sworn he did it with a razor but nope just a little pair of scissors from my mom's sewing drawer. At first I could only find one little lock of curls. My sister Nicole, who called me immediately, said, "there has to be more, THAT is more than a lock of hair." I found them in front of the mirror in his room. What to do with this boy? Lexie got in some trouble too, for not getting me when she knew Andrew was doing something naughty.
My second best thing for today: So I talked to Nicole several times today. Well I think just 3 times and every time she was on her way to Target. Guess how many Targets she went to today? She is going to write her own blog about this but I've laughed so hard it had to be included in the list: 6. Yes that is right, six different Targets. I was laughing hard when I thought it was only 3. She then later confessed to 6. Can we say C-R-A-Z-Y. She was in search of something, which like I said she will blog about. It was some decorating accessories for Lucy's room, I think. I suppose, this is why her house looks so great. Not only does she have an eye for decorating, she will also spend all day working to achieve the look in her mind. I love you Nicca thanks for a good laugh.
I finished the evening out watching some 30 Rock. I'll have to admit, when I first saw this show, I didn't really get it. It's grown on me and I think it's hilarious. When I happened upon it on the ON Demand I had to watch. Hadn't seen it in awhile and it was a good way to finish the day out. Life is good and funny. So do you think Andrew should have to sport the look at school for a day to learn a lesson??
10 comments:
No, I don't think Andrew should have to sport the look to school. Kids are mean! He'll hear enough about it from his grandparents and aunts to do the trick.
SIX Targets is a lot of buisness!
I guess most kids are bound to cut their own hair at some point in their childhood. At least it was Andrew and not Lexie. There is a little girl in our ward sporting the ugliest short hairdo thanks to her own hair cutting. Thanks for the laugh
Oh that is funny! Remember when Michael shaved his eyebrows? I would bic it before school. Cutie pies.
Oh Kim, I am sad and laughing with you! I can't believe he did that! Maybe he wanted a new look! Good luck!
oh no! why do kids do this? haylie did that and she hid the hair under her bed, it took me about a week before i found it. lol.
Just checking in.
What a great laugh. Hey, at least he is one handsome kid hair or no hair & I have to agree. . . at least it wasn't one of your girls.
Have a good one.
You already know what I think about that!!! He is a hilarious boy. I heard it was SEVEN Targets. Wow life is funny!
Well - Andrew isn't the first young boy to try cutting his own hair!
My vote is to buzz the rest of the hair for a better look.
No matter what he is "still so cute"!!
I was certainly waiting for a blog about this FUN event!
Love ... Grandma Linda
Tell him about spencer and how he is shaving his head too on saturday and that a whole bunch of cool boys are doing it and I will send him an awesome button that says "be brave and shave, I did it for spencer"! Then maybe it won't seem so bad!
That's so funny! I think you should just shave it off. I can just see your face as you are going from anger to sadness then laughter.
Also, YOU need to blog about Nicole's Target trips because she won't. Have you checked her blog lately?!
Post a Comment