Monday, January 18, 2010

"I Have a Dream"

Andrew with his sisters
"I have a dream that one day,.... little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers."
-Martin Luther King
I am not sure if Martin Luther King thought the phrase from his speech would be as literal as it is for our family, and so many other families out there, but I for one am glad that it is. What a great country we live in and I am so thankful for our freedoms and the progress we have made.

9 comments:

Heather said...

It is quite amazing how far we've come. We had a long way to go back then. Andrew is one of the cutest additions to the Larsen clan.

Nicole said...

What a blessing. Love you.

Linda said...

Oh - how I love your beautiful children and my grandchildren!! Andrew is certainly a very special blessing to the family!

Heather said...

I'm so glad that his dream came true!

Linda said...

Your family and Matts family are great examples of how Heavenly Father Plan of Happiness should be carried out. You both make me proud be your friend. Always love the children as the Father would.
Thank You

Jessica O. said...

Great post and a great picture. I love all of them.

Linda said...

Kim - the 2nd Linda comment post is from Rory ...

Kelly Nielson said...

That is so special! I have been thinking about you! Thanks for the Christmas card. I miss getting together with you and the girls in Utah. Is Texas growing on you? Philly is taking a long time for me!!

Jessica said...

Oh that made me cry! Love the picture!!