Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lexie @ the Laundromat December '09

Our washer busted over Thanksgiving weekend. The first place I called to fix it said they didn't service LG's, because it was too difficult to get parts for. The second place said they could come but not until Wednesday of this week. Well the nice fix it man fixed it and it worked for one load. Long story short my washer will not be fixed until next week, the earliest being Tuesday. I already had nearly a weeks worth of laundry. Laundromat here we come. I went with Lexie and she had a blast. I've never been to a Laundromat before and it was kind of fun. Lexie had a great time, putting the soap in and putting quarters in the machines. It really is much more convenient to just do it at home though. So $31.00, two and a half hours later we made it home. Yes you read correctly $31.00 worth of quarters. The machines didn't hold to0 much and it was $1.75 a load. Weeks worth of laundry with three kids, plus the rugs I had started when the washer originally stopped, and my sheets which had been peed by one of my lovely children. I didn't even have my clothes dry they were all damp and I had to finish drying them at home. I hung a few things up which are still not dry. Things do not line dry very well here. So I am grateful for a washing machine and I hope mine gets fixed sooner rather than later.

9 comments:

Jessica O. said...

I've been to the Laundromat once. It was easy because I was only washing my comforter. I'm glad Lex had such a great time. She is a cutie pie. Can you imagine Great Grandma Marshall with those triplets and cloth diapers??? We have it GOOD!!!

Jen said...

How have you never been to a Laundromat? What did you do at college?

Turpin Times said...

Amen to Jen's comments.

Natty said...

I don't think the laundromat at the lovely Carriage House technically applies as a true laundromat experience. That was never fun....you risked your life on the icy parking lot with your huge basket full of dirty laundry every time. What fun! Did you feel like pioneer woman?

Nicole said...

The first year I was married I didn't have laundry facilities. I hated dragging all my clothes to the laudromat but I did like doing all the loads at once.

Jessica said...

OH what is it with washers this month! Mine broke too! I was back and forth at the in-laws and my parents! I hope it gets fixed soon!

Heather said...

At least you got it done all at once! My washing machine and dryer truly are blessings I take for granted.

Jocelyn said...

Wow....the laundramat it pricey. BTW, I totally miss you at this time of year. Who is going to go wandering through the snow to do my Christmas Card photo shoot. :)

Heather said...

Thank heavens for washers and dryers! I am missing you...we should be planning a get together! Love you!