Sunday, October 11, 2009

AHH!


So I'm starting the laundry. I know it is the Sabbath, but in the Larsen, household, the one I grew up in Monday is Laundry day and Sunday night around nine o'clock my mom would gather all the laundry up and sort and start a load usually the whites. It should be known my mother is a laundry genius. She does laundry on Mondays. There is probably not a Monday in all of my mothers married life in which the laundry is not been washed, folded, ironed, and put away. I wish I could say the same for myself. I'm not as dedicated as my mother and this cannot be said about me. I guess it is not too late to start. But back to my story. I am trying to get a jump start on the laundry. We have company coming to town this week and I really only have tomorrow to prepare, so hence starting the Laundry right after church, but I digress the point of this story is I am beginning a theme with my laundry: CRITTERS! So as am gathering all the clothes up from under my vanity, I pick up a handful of clothes and to my shock there is a tiny gecko under amongst the pile. Of course I dropped the clothes and called for Jeremy. He finished gathering and we found him after the last sock was in the basket. We caught him and showed him to the kids. I tried to get a picture but he was in an orange cup and the camerea did have enough contrast to focus. Anyhow I'm quite certain if my mother came across such creatures when doing her laundry she may not get it all done every Monday either. Then again, we all know she would. So I'm channeling my inner Kathy, calling upon the laundry genuis and going to get it ALL done, washed, folded, ironed and put away!

10 comments:

Jessica O. said...

That is so funny. I started a blog about Laundry as well. We must be related. Hopefully I will finish it tonight. Sorry about the lizard. That would make me scream as well.

Natty said...

At least it wasn't a cockroach! I am a Monday laundry day girl too. I also gather and sort on Sunday nights. Its good to know we're all doing the same fun chores at the same time! Have fun with your in-laws! I hope you have some time off this week to enjoy their company. Love you!

Andrea S. said...

Good luck with your laundry-especially since you tend to always find critters. If I were you, I'd make Jeremy start doing it. How fun that you get to have visitors. And really, who irons all their laundry? I must be totally lazy, but I only iron when absolutely necessary.

Nicole said...

Laundry is for the birds! You can channel your inner Kathy. We should have a race.

Turpin Times said...

Guess what I was doing around 9:00 last night? Getting a jump start on the laundry and whites were first!! How funny. I don't think I could handle the creatures, though!

Heather said...

Yuck! What is with that place?
Apparently I'm the only different one. I do my laundry on Fridays. I have too many other depressing things to do on Monday. But I do one or two loads just to get a head start. Mondays was the laundry day growing up in our house too. Good luck with the critters.

Alissa said...

Geckos are good creatures they eat bugs! we had them all over in Hawaii! I am jealous that you have one designated day for laundry. Every day is laundry day at my house:)

Heather said...

Good luck with the laundry! I think you are more organized than you ever let on Kim!

Maranda said...

I am with ya...I wouldn't get the laundry done either:)

I think if that happened to me I would have to always be wearing shoes and long sleeves. The geckos, the big beetles...how do you do it?

I sure miss you around work. I'm glad you have a blog:)

Jerry said...

You are to kind about my laundry skills I just think it is easier to do it the way I do. Laundry can really pile up when you have three small children. Love, MOM