Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Fall=Home
So Sunday (9/12) after church Andrew wanted to put out the fall decorations. I remember doing this as a kid and always loved it. So we pulled out the fall and Halloween stuff and got the house looking all festive. I need a few more, as it seems there are not enough decorations to go around. Do you have fond memories of pulling out the decorations as a kid? It made me think about that even though I'm not "home" , home is where you are. A quote I've heard a lot lately, I read it on a blog somewhere, my dad said it to me, and it was in the movie Julie and Julia. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something. So thanks to my little Andrew for wanting to do the fun things that make a house a home, and for being the first person I see when I get home. (He is always the first to greet me and is oh so excited to see me.) I love you buddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Kim dad is right. Wherever you are is home and it is your job to make it that way. Good job Andrew. If you take ownership of where you are it will feel more like home. I miss you and love you. Fall is fun!
Cute boy! I love Fall!
so kim, you are like my sister soul and i wish i didn't realize this now that you are gone! i would have even driven all the way to your place in UT if you were still here! :) miss your guts!
I have fond memories of putting up Christmas decorations, and not so fond memories of taking them down. That Faye was a task-master. Fall is a beautiful season with such great colors. I love decorating my house in the fall. You are great Kimma!
Tell Andrew (and Lexie and Anna, too) we are so excited to see the fall decorations that he wanted put up around the house. But more importantly we are excited to see all of you in mid October!!
What is Texas weather like in October?
Post a Comment