I have this memory of Jess when we were kids. I distinctly remember one Sunday before church when Jess had a freak out session over a cricket. She must have been around Elevenish because it was when her room was the "toy room" downstairs. This room has been a variety of things over the years and for awhile after Michael was born it was Jess's room. Anyhow there was a cricket in her room on the floor and she bawled and carried on for like a half and hour. She stayed on top of her bed because the cricket was on the floor blocking her way to the door. I remember Jason and I being a bit mean in retrospect, as we made fun and light of her situation.
Well I had my own freak out session today with a cricket. It wasn't a complete freak out. just a scream you would her upon stumbling upon a murder scene or the likes. Back to my story. I was determined to get on top of my laundry today. Well I sorted the clothes. and as I moved a pile over which had been in the room for a few days, a cricket jumps out. Of course I scream and jump and just about die because well I know he is still in here amongst my sorted laundry. He is going to rear his ugly head again and I'm shaking just thinking about it. Is this a rational amount of fear over a bug for a grown women? I could handle it better if the suckers didn't jump. Well when it was time for the next load to go in I summon the courage to tackle the pile I think he is hiding in. OUT he jumps, as I transfer clothes to the washer. We go through the whole routine again, the girls come running to see why mom is screaming, and to check out the cricket. Well this time I got him. I stomped him. Luckily I had shoes on. Phew after the 2nd load cricket crisis resolved. Not so fast, I didn't have the ability to pick him up at that time and transfer him to the garbage, I would tackle that at the next load. Low and behold crickets are like cats in that they have nine lives. I swear I stomped him at least five times. If you didn't catch it, the cricket was gone. I checked with Lexie, my not quite 4 year old, to see if she disposed of the bug, or rather hoping she had. No such luck. She informed me she had gone to stomp on him and he was gone. Gratefully at this time Jeremy arrived home from work, and sought the cricket out and got him. He almost threw him in the garbage inside my laundry room, gratefully I caught him and sent him outside with the wretched cricket. I know, not rational. But you should know, my cricket equated to a quarter in size and Jess's was only dime sized. I think she has transferred her fear to me. This is also one of the reasons I haven't gotten into gardening yet here. Fear of bugs. They really are huge here. Well luckily the cricket is gone and although the day is coming to a close I'm going to finish my laundry yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like too much "FUN" doing the laundry?!
I hear the BUGS are huge in Texas, they love the humidity and really thrive!
That cricket I saw was bigger than a dime! I hate them but I realize I'm an adult and I can actually kill them myself. I guess I figured crickets weren't that bad once I started getting snakes!
Crickets are gross. Let's just hope you don't see any cockroaches because they are the worst, and I'm not sure Jeremy will be so willing to help out with those. Ewww!
I probably would have abandoned my laundry altogether!
Post a Comment