Saturday, July 18, 2009

LOST!


So in an effort to be frugal, save money, get out of debt ect. we do not have TV services. No cable, satellite, not even rabbit ears. I must say I do miss DVR, although not as much as I thought I would. A buddy of Jeremy's at work loaned us Lost season one, and I am an addict. At night, I can't wait for the kids to go down and, the house to be cleaned so I can spend some time kicking back with my new favorite series. I remember my sister Nicole and her husband got into this show a few years back, but we never did. I am a fan now. It has been fun to have a program to veg to and it has also been nice not having the TV constantly on. So, if you have never watched the show check it out you may just like it. I'm almost ready to start season 2. Thanks Rick and Amber for the DVDs!


P.S. My parents and brother fly in today. We pick them up from the airport at 1400!! I have been so excited all week for this day and let me just say it has been what got me through the week. I worked 45 hours and well it is hard to work full time and be a mother full time. Although the thought occurred to me today, that my Dad and brother may not survive without T.V. It could get interesting.

10 comments:

Jessica O. said...

Dad and Michael will make it. You'll have to invite them to exercise to occupy their time. Maybe that will keep them on the diet. Have a great week. We miss you.

Heather said...

Have a great time with the fam!

Jen said...

The first two seasons were the best. I gave up after that but once the series is over I plan on renting the dvds and catching up.

Turpin Times said...

That show is psycho. I started with season one, but if you miss a week, it's over. I can't commit to a TV series like that.

Nicole said...

I loved Lost but I can't keep track of which season they are on. I think I am one behind. I am laughing at Dad and Michael without a TV.

Maranda said...

Props to you...making sure the house is clean before bed. I wish I was as disciplined.

45 hours!! Why so much?

Jessica said...

LOVE Lost! Maybe we should try not having tv at our house.... we'd probably get a lot more done! Happy Birthday to that beautiful boy!

Anonymous said...

I wish I were in your shoes to watch all the seasons of LOST! we love that show.....how you guys doing anyway! Hows Texas.......you are in TX still......anyway talk to you later....love your blog
nick salmon

Cheri said...

I hope you had fun with your family. Jessica told me they were there before I read your post. I think going without TV is always a great thing. I grew up with out a TV for many many years and we were so creative with our time, something kids these days don't even think about.

Maranda said...

So what happened to the post a day thing? I miss hearing what you have to say:)