Friday, July 17, 2009

Book of Mormon Challenge!


The other day we received a package from Nicole. It had lots of goodies and the occasion was Andrew's birthday. My family spoils me and well, I like it. Anyhow amongst the gifts was a photocopied article from the Ensign I think. It was about the promises we will receive if we will: Pray, Read the Book of Mormon, and attend the Temple.

"I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of
Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their
children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents..."
Marion G Romney
This really struck me so, I really felt like these were blessings we could use in our home. So I am issuing a challenge. We have set a goal to read the Book of Mormon as a family, and finish by Christmas. We figure if we read 2 chapters a night at least 5 nights a week we'll reach our goal. So any who want to join us let us know and it will be fun. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

way good quote- I may just have to use it on my blog and i may even take you up on the B of M challenge. HMMMMM . . . can I really do it?

Alissa said...

I am so glad you posted this! I have had a really hard time lately to make this a priority in my life! The lord must be telling me something! I teach young womens 2 x a year and I was preparing a lesson on another subject and the bishop decided he wanted to teach last sunday so my subject changed to the subject of scripture study and how important it is! I will join your challenge because i need the spirit of reverence in my home! I need all the help I can get! we love and miss you I am excited for this challenge!

Jessica O. said...

I love a challenge! She also gave me the article. We could always use more submissiveness!

Turpin Times said...

Good luck!