Tell me, am I normal? After taking Anna back to the doctor and getting her lab results, I stewed most of day until I spoke with Sarah; Sarah is Jeremy's super smart cousin, my age, who is a pediatrician in Florida. After stewing I called my mother-in-law for Sarah's number and placed a call. She was wonderful to call the paranoid mother back the same afternoon, and I felt better after talking with her but I have started feeling paranoia again.
The lump on Anna's neck remains the same. Her white blood cell count was low, but just barely. The Dr. told me he appreciated my concern, understood where it was coming from but I was prematurely worried. I think they play it cool, and of course I think they have to, but if there was no worry on his part we wouldn't be coming back and having repeat labs, right? Is this correct deductive reasoning? I'm sure I am just being paranoid but you know as a mother and a nurse you think lump, swollen lymph nodes your mind wanders to the worst. Tell me I'm normal and there is no cause for concern.
9 comments:
i am sorry. i can only imagine the 'PARANOIA' you are feeling. it is totally normal and right for you, as a mother, to feel this way. we will pray for you and hope all is well! on a lighter note, thanks for the book review. i am ironically reading Gone With the Wind right now and am in love. It is one of the best books that i have ever read. it inspired me to watch Pride and Prejudice the other night. I love girl power! good luck at work! you will bring spice to the little icu unit somewhere in texas!
Kimma. You'll be in my prayers. Worry is a part of motherhood. I don't think you're paranoid, but I'm a Nielsen so of course I would be ten times worse than you are. Everything will work out, that I am sure.
I am the paranoid one remember? You have a right to be worried. That is just being a mom. Anna is a cutie. I love you and miss you. Give her a big kiss from me. She is a piggy too.
You are completely normal and you have every right to be worried. Keep us posted.
What was Sarah's recommendation for Anna?
I love that cutie and want to give her a big hug!!
That little girl has my heart.
Grandmas and Grandpas always worry abuot their children, big ones or little ones
Love Papa Rory
Oh Kim I am sorry. You are definitely normal. I wouldn't even back down if you feel you need to be persistent. You are your only advocate as well as your children's advocate. If you don't push, no one will. I hope everything is okay.
Kim I say don't worry until you have to. We already have too much to worry about. Love, MOM
How stressful! I went through the same thing with BOTH my boys! Lumps... They both had to have cat scans-- which meant iv's, sedation, etc. But both ended up being nothing. One went away, the other still has his + it's nothing. Good luck + let me know who it all turns out :)
Post a Comment