Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Library

Rockwall County Library

After reading Nicole's post I decided we needed to head to the library to pick up Piggy Pie and a few other books. The kids loved it and and Moostache was also a hit by the same Author. I took this picture a few weeks ago when we got our library card as I have been on a serious summer reading program. That is just the kids section and doesn't show the computers for kids, with the headsets, the story time room as well as movie room. This is a first class library and it is becoming my Mecca. Weird as I've never been very good in libraries. Call Numbers, Dewy decimal system. Never liked any of it and was never very good at locating a book. I am happy to report I'm getting better at it and we are enjoying the Public library. Doesn't Jeremy look thrilled to be at the library in this picture?
Yesterday we went to the Library because they had a clown who came. It was a husband wife duo and they work for Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey. If we go back and have our card punched a few times we get a free kids ticket to the circus. Andrew and Lexie loved it and I think it will be fun to take them to the circus!

9 comments:

Heather said...

That library looks and sounds awesome!

Jerry said...

Way to go Kim you really need to do all of those things. I can't believe all of the good habits you are getting into. I love it. I miss you and your family. Love, MOM

Heather said...

What a great library. It beats the bookmobile! That's where we get books. Once every two weeks he stops on our street! Oh the joys of living in Perry!

Jessica O. said...

What a great library. It makes me wonder if I should check out our library. Well anyway I would like of list of what you've been reading. Remember when I used to make you and Nicole summer lists? Now maybe you can make me one! Miss you.

Andria said...

I hope you guys are enjoying and adjusting well! I miss seeing you at work. We spent plenty of time at the library when we moved - and at any other free places - grand openings (circle K had a great one), safety fairs, anywhere people gathered! I guess that's what happens when you're lonely. . .

Nicole said...

They circus is fun they would love it. Our library is not that good. Enjoy it it is FREE!

Kim Ward said...

Sometimes I don't get these blogs. I have tried like four times to make the font on this post all the same. Why won't it work?

Maranda said...

Kim are you on Good Reads? You should look into it if you want. It is a website where you can share what books you are, have been, and will be reading. You can also write reviews of books you have read. Then you can share that with your friends through the website.

Anyway I guess this is my way of requesting a list of what books you've been reading:)(not that I really have the time to read, but I keep thinking I will one of these days)

Jer + Lu said...

What a cool library! You're getting so spoiled in Texas, you might never come back to us :( But I'm glad you've found some hot spots to make you happy :)