Thursday, June 18, 2009

The I gotta go Run


Have you ever experienced the I've gotta go run? The run walk, run walk. It is never a good run. It all starts out well. You get up early, hit the road and are feeling good about yourself for starting your day out right. Only to have the feeling taken away my your body's inability to maintain your run due to unfortunate bowel issues. I have some seriously good running stories along this line but no one wants to read about that. I really despise runs like this because I feel like I haven't gotten the benefit of the exercise. I guess this is the wrong way to look at it. You have to say at least I am out here.
The good run on the other had offers many benefits. I really forgot the reason I like running. It is an escape to a place were you can handle anything life throws at you. You feel like you are on top of your game, and can go home and not only tackle the problems awaiting but truly defeat them. I can honestly say I have these feelings while exercising; running and yoga in particular. This must be the exercise endorphins working their magic. There is nothing better than being in stride, listening to great music, working up a good sweat; you know the one were you can taste the salt on your lips, and feel the grit on your skin. I worked up a sweat like this the other night and I think I am back, my return to running is a real commitment. Plus it helps that I signed up for a half marathon in October. It was the soonest I could find one that wasn't on a Sunday. I am still hoping to reach my marathon goal for the year. Hopefully I can keep up the habit as the Texas heat is upon us. Wish me luck!
P.S. I miss home so much tonight ( I write these at night and then schedule them to publish the next day)

9 comments:

Jerry said...

Kimberly you write so well That is exactly why I exercise but I could never have said it as well as you did. I love you and miss you I just want to touch the kids. I love you and Jeremey take care. Love, MOM

Jen said...

I almost popped out of my seat and ran away. I never used to understand the joy of running until about 2 years ago. I too love the feeling, the sweat, the sticky feeling on my skin - All of it! I just wish it would stop raining here so I could run outside. Good Luck with the 1/2 Marathon.

Alissa said...

kim I too love the feeling of a good run! my problems are not my bowels but my dang it band i am working on it! I signed up for a half in aug! when are you going to do the 26.2 we miss you !

Jessica O. said...

I remember many of your bowel stories and you're wrong people like poo stories they are funny! I love running especially outside. Miss you.

Natty said...

I don't enjoy the upset bowels while running. I wish you were here so we could run together. It is always much more fun with you! We are running the 4th of July 5k and Chris has been running twice this week! Its only been for a mile, but I am hopeful he will magically fall in love with it and we can run together. I love you and miss you.

Gloria said...

Kim,
I've been reading the blogs you guys write. I love them. Ask your Dad about jumping the barb wire fence and the results, or about what he was doing when he had to run from a rattlesnake.
Love, Aunt Gloria

Anonymous said...

I too have many "gotta go" running stories:) You just don't get it until you experience it! Sweaty exercise rocks!!

Nicole said...

I personally hate running. I wish I didn't but I do. Good blog. I love you.

Jer + Lu said...

Yah for running! I'm so impressed you're out there again. Good luck with your upcoming half!!