Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Jason

Today is my big brothers birthday. As a joke, Jess and I have been putting a comment a day on Nicole's blog, with a topic assignment for a new blog. We are protesting until she writes one. Anyhow, today I suggested Jason as a topic and thought I would take my own advice. (p.s. if you are looking for a topic to write about checkout the comments on Nicole's Temple Square Post, there are many.)
Jason in many ways reminds me of my Dad. There is probably not a better compliment I could pay Jason, as I think the world of my Dad. He has a tough exterior but he is a big old softie on the interior. He doesn't show this side often; actually I've rarely seen it, but I know it is there. Jason is well read, politically aware, abreast of current events. He is ambitious, funny as hell, and a nice guy.
He drove out to Texas with my family and I, and drove the big Truck. He was a huge help, and I was especially grateful he was here. The truck would probably still be sitting in front of our house if he hadn't been here. I love him and think he is a great guy. This is something which is not always easy to express to him because he has the tough guy appearance. I'm grateful for his example and wish him all the best life has to offer. Happy birthday Jason, I love you.
Love,
Kimmy, (your favorite little sister )

8 comments:

Jessica O. said...

Jason is a great brother. We are lucky to have him in our family. He is totally Dad. Thanks for the blog updates it makes you seem not so far away.

Nicole said...

Very good post Kim. You say it better than I do. Just read your own blog. Its better than mine. Happy Birthday Jay-bird.

Jen said...

Great post, Happy Birthday Jason.

Jocelyn said...

Kima...this is such a cute post...you are right...Jason is totally Little Jerry. He is a good brother to you and your sisters. You are all lucky to have him.

P.S.
Love all the blog posting looking forward to more pictures of Texas. :)

Natty said...

What a nice post. That is a cute picture of Jason. I remember him making us smell his stinky feet.

Linda said...

What a great tribute to your brother! You have such an awesome family - what a blessing!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Jason (does he read this?).

Jerry said...

Kimberly you will have to write on your blog often it makes me feel like you aren't so far away. We miss you and especially the kids.
Love, MOM