Saturday, May 23, 2009

Chapter books!


The other day we started reading Superfudge. My mom had a bunch of books from when we were kids and sent a few home with all of us, we took Superfudge. We have been reading it and I think I am enjoying more that the kids. It is fun to see after even a few days of doing this, the kids are getting better at sitting and listening to it. I am excited about this new little tradition and have been thinking of all the books we are going to checkout from the library. It is like getting a little piece of my childhood back, reading this book. Adults really take themselves far to seriously, pick up a good old Judy Blume to lighten the heart.
P.S. Jess, Danner really reminds me of Fudge.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

OH MY!!! Superfudge is one of my all time favs. What a great thing to do with your kids- I think I may give it a try even if it is for only 5 minutes a day. I hope you are adjusting to the hot humid TX. I am sure you are missed A LOT

Anonymous said...

I LOVE superfudge!!!! In fact, I love all Judy Blume's books! I can't wait to read them to my kids!

Jessica O. said...

Not all Judy Blumes are created equal. Stick with the kids books because her adult stories are well adult! I'm glad you're reading chapter books to your kids they will love it. Tonight my boys were fighting over which chapter book we would read and so we ended up with both. Give them a year and try out the Great Brain. Miss you tons. Love you tons and tons of beans!

Turpin Times said...

I've never read it. We'll have to check that one out. Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

I remember your mom reading stories to you guys in bed at night. The coolest. I don't remember much about superfudge, but I remember my 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Carter, reading us the Great Brain books right before school got out. Now those are some great books too!
MISS YOU!

Jessica O. said...

Kim I read this to Daniel and he said "I do love Fudge" I thought that was funny. Also Jack said you owe a quarter for saying hell in the above post.

Gooches said...

funny you wrote this post! spencer's bday is on thursday and that is one of the things i wanted to get him. i think i read that book more than any other as a kid! how are you guys doing out there?

Jerry said...

We do love books I think that is almost the best thing you can give to your children they are never lonely or bored if they love books. I just read "The Power of One" it is a great adult book.
Love, MOM