Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ahh!


Do you ever lose it as a mother? I mean really lose it?
I do.
I did today.
It wasn't pretty, I wasn't proud.
Was I justified?
Yes, for being angry.
No, to losing it.
It never helps to lose your cool. I could feel my head pound as my blood pressure soared.
Any tips on how to stay calm, for those of us with a genetic predisposition to rage?
Well the day isn't over and I will try and start fresh and do better. I guess that is what life is about, improving ourselves.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

You are a great mom! Lets do lunch!

Jen said...

I have lost my cool twice today with my employees, so I can completely relate. Tomorrow IS a new day and I will try to be better too.

Cheri said...

I lost my cool today while trying to get something done for a church event. Yikes, I think we all lose it sometimes.

Jessica O. said...

Yes. I am a Larsen. Just remember to always do your best and those moments will occur less often. Your a good mom and I love you.

Sherwoods said...

Yep, I am a Larsen too. You know you need a 'mom' time out when you three year old looks at you and says, "Mommy, why are you yelling at me?" Whoops. We all lose it. It comes with being a mom.

On another note...send me your email address and I will invite you to my blog so we can lose it together! amandajsherwood@yahoo.com

Heather said...

Kim..the only advice I have is "serenity now". Seriously, last week I thought my head was going to explode with the rage inside of it. I am so proud of you for doing this whole single mom thing for as long as you have. Good work.

Natty said...

I hope that having your family finally all together again will help make these moments less frequent. I honestly don't know how you've done it these past several weeks. You are a champ, Kimma! Love you tons and tons of beans.

Nicole said...

Everyone loses it occasionally. Kids love a routine and so do adults. (Even Larsens)

Gooches said...

honestly? i literally pray every morning to not be the "yelling mom". when i pray it works! miss you!

Natty said...

Kimma we need some pics of the casa in Dallas! I missed you especially last night at Bookies. Hope you are loving TX! Love ya.

Heather said...

Kimma, post please!