First a Jessicaesque quality I see in myself, is a new found love for lip stuff. A great chapstick, gloss, or stick. Especially the glosses, here a few of my favorites.



I think Jessica's love affair with Chapstick started during the high school years. It has now grown into a full fledged love of make-up and beauty products in general. I remember she once told me about a dream she had where she had, "like a hundred chapsticks, it was great". She was disappointed when she woke up and it wasn't true. I think it is true today, she may have 100 lipsticks. This is actually a great quality because when she decides she has too many she will give them to me and Jess has great taste.
The 2nd Jessicaesqe quality is something I have noticed in Lexie. This is the quality of the NOSE. Jess can smell everything. If there is an unpleasant odor in the vicinity Jessica will find it. Maybe she would be good at hunting, you know tracking and stuff. We always would tease her about this growing up, but after being pregnant and be a little hyper sensitive to smell, now I just feel bad; to have such a good sniffer all the time. Lexie is the same way; if Anna has a poopy diaper, or someone farts, she is right on it.
The 3rd thing is fashion savvy. Anytime a get a compliment on my clothing, almost always is something Jessica bought me or has given me. The bad thing about this is if you dog ear an item in a catalogue just plan that Jess will show up wearing it at the next family event. This has happened to me, and my other sister, Nicole, more than once.
Jessica is a great sister and we are lucky to have her in our family. She is a great mom. I remember when Jack was born, I was so impressed with her as a new mom. She really loved it and her kids love her. She reads to her kids far more than the recommended 20 minutes a day, and has instilled a love for books, reading, and knowledge in her children. What a fantastic gift to give your kids. Sometimes I think of the things I can't or haven't given my children and when this is something I could do and it cost nothing but, my time. Interesting that the person who is in a position to give her kids most anything, she has the wisdom to give them what they need and what is important. A lesson I will try and remember.
Jess is a wealth of knowledge from politics to fashion, best beauty buys. She is smart, funny, pretty, health conscious, all and all a WELL put together women. I love you Jessica and am going to miss you! I'm planning on 2 visits a year from you. I know you said 1 was realistic, but, I'm not a realist I'm a dreamer and I'm going to keep on dreaming.
8 comments:
Thanks for those sweet things. I love you so much and will miss you so much. I'm very thankful to have you in my life. Sisters are the best.
Sweet post Kimma. You are lucky to have Jess for your sister, and she is lucky to have you.
What a fun post - I remember the beginning days of the chapstick collection. We all sure owned a lot of Lip Smackers back in the day.
Great post, Kimma! I love you and will miss you. I think Jess is pretty fantastic too.
Kim, Nice tribute to your sister. I have told Jess that I envy the relationships she has with her sisters. You are all lucky to have each other. thanks for sharing.
Kim - you are so blessed to have such a great family!
Blogging will keep us all connected, so please keep it up!!
I will miss you and Jeremy, but my precious grandchildren will be the hardest to be separated from. I have loved the sleepovers with the kids lately. They are so fun and adorable!
What a nice post Kim. Jessica is a blessing.
So sweet. She sounds so much like you!
Post a Comment