For the last month the Wards have been in a holding pattern. Jeremy applied for a job within Costco, but the job is in Rockwall Texas, 20 min outside of Dallas. We had been waiting to hear about a management position here before officially deciding to head on down and as of Thursday afternoon it is official we will be moving to Texas. Jeremy will be leaving next Friday and the kids and I will follow, well we are not exactly sure on the timing of that, it may be 6 weeks could be several months with the current housing market. In the discussion phase of this I was initially very excited about the prospect of moving. Now that it is real the anxiety, fear, doubt have all began to set in. Don't get me wrong I think this will be a great adventure and opportunity for our family, but I'm a bit nervous to leave all I have ever known, my comfort zone, my home. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a homebody, like my dad, so straying this far from home will be a stretch. Anyhow I just wanted to put the word out, and am imagining how much I will miss all my family, friends, neighbors, and work colleagues. I'm looking forward to warm weather sunshine and the chance to experience Texan culture. Wish us luck!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
ALL THE WAY TO TEXAS WHERE THE HOEDOWN FOLKS EXPECT US...
For the last month the Wards have been in a holding pattern. Jeremy applied for a job within Costco, but the job is in Rockwall Texas, 20 min outside of Dallas. We had been waiting to hear about a management position here before officially deciding to head on down and as of Thursday afternoon it is official we will be moving to Texas. Jeremy will be leaving next Friday and the kids and I will follow, well we are not exactly sure on the timing of that, it may be 6 weeks could be several months with the current housing market. In the discussion phase of this I was initially very excited about the prospect of moving. Now that it is real the anxiety, fear, doubt have all began to set in. Don't get me wrong I think this will be a great adventure and opportunity for our family, but I'm a bit nervous to leave all I have ever known, my comfort zone, my home. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a homebody, like my dad, so straying this far from home will be a stretch. Anyhow I just wanted to put the word out, and am imagining how much I will miss all my family, friends, neighbors, and work colleagues. I'm looking forward to warm weather sunshine and the chance to experience Texan culture. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Jason told me about this yesterday. That is really exciting for you guys but a little scary i bet. What a neat experience for your little family. Hopefully you guys wont stay there forever and we can see you again! Jason is bummed he is losing his bike partner. He just got all the gear and is ready to go, and now he might have to just go solo!!
I heard that you were moving from Jessica. That is so crazy. I know it's going to be hard on your sisters. I think it will be such a great experience for you and your family. But I must say I will miss you and your cute family.
What??! You need to forewarn me on things like this! Texas is a long way from home. Congratulations to Jeremy on the new job, but you will be missed! What a good experience for your little family though!
I can't talk about this yet. I love you all and will miss my little nieces and nephew. I will visit. You better blog more often & join facebook. I love you. Now I'm crying. You can do it!
wow! that is crazy! good luck with it all though, it will be an adventure but I'm sure you'll love it down there!
All I can say is YOU WILL LOVE IT!! I believe every family needs to move away from family for just a few years. It will be hard BUT the growth, bond, closeness, & a whole lot more you will experience is just amazing. Good Luck Kim. I am sure you sisters are just dying about now. Keep us posted.
I am sooo not happy about this!!! How appropriate that I got the scoop from David, even though I don't work for him anymore. I get so sad thinking about it and will randomly bring it up to Chris--he's catching on to the "Nat and Kim shared brain" style of conversation. I am excited for y'all though and we will have to come visit. But let's play lots and lots before you go. I don't know if the brain can function when we're that far away. Tears are here...
oh my goodness! i am so sad! i am totally happy for you, but sad that i won't be in the same state as you. there is a small chance, however, that would might be heading out that direction next winter! good luck! texas is awesome. we have some great friends and family in Dallas so if you need any help or heads up of where to live and such they would be more than happy to help you out!
Kimma, don't go, don't go! Okay, I guess you're going. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I've never met anyone from Texas that I didn't like. I've met my share of Texans, and they are nice people. I hope things go smoothly for you in the transition. I was making you a scarf for your homemade blog gift, guess you won't be needing that in TX! I'll have to come up with something else. You're a dream and very brave! Proud of you girl. I've always wanted to visit the big state so maybe we'll come and you can show us around. Michael things Jeremy just wants to be more like Lance Armstrong!
Oh my heck!! I can't believe it! I think this will be a great opportunity for you guys but we will miss you!! We will have to get together before you go....
That is so exciting. I have two good friends who just moved to Texas (actually make that 3, I forgot one). I will find out where they live and let you know if any of them are close to you.
Kim, we are going to miss you. What an adventure! Are you really going? Oh, how we will miss you. Good luck to you and did I mention that we are going to miss you?
Holy Crap really? I'm so excited for you guys. This is Melissa Nuttall by the way! There is nothing better than living away for awhile. We are moving to Conneticut in Aug so you can call me and we can cry together. Change is good right? I have to keep telling myself that. But really the year we lived in Colorado was great. Do you remember Christie Pehrson? I'm pretty sure she's in Dallas. I'll find out and let you know. Love ya!
Kimmie,
I know how great it is for a couple to live away, so I am excited for you. It will be good even though I do not want you or your family to be away. I love you. I am crying now. I will visit you though!
kim
the adventures ahead of you are priceless! It will be fun, but hard at times . you are strong and you will do great! We will miss you tons and are already planning our next vacation to texas!!! love ya
alissa
Congrats and good luck! It's too bad we haven't been able to meet up with you guys. Maybe we missed our chance. Texas will be fun though. Just don't go pickin up a goofy Texas accent! FYI- you guys always have a place to stay in Idaho when you want to come visit.
OMG!! Where did this come from? That is crazy! I'm going to miss you so much!! Thank goodness for blogs ;) I hope everything goes smoothly for you!
Crazy Kim! I haven't checked blogs in a while and look what happens. Congrats! Amberlie Richards was asking about you and I thought I would give her your blog. Good luck with packing (I hate that part, especially with kids) I guess our Girls Trip is up in the air?! How exciting for you guys. I'll miss you.
Post a Comment