So with Jeremy taking off today, ahhh, it has been a mad dash to get things organized, cleaned up, etc. When we moved into this house it was quite the process. We moved my brother out, got the house cleaned, it was a big job; my brother is not the cleanest person and he saves everything. Anyhow when we were packing up our stuff it got down to the wire and we had to start just tossing stuff into boxes. Well, we never got it organized and I'm glad to say it is finally done. Well 75% done. It feels great. I can't figure out why we didn't do it sooner, and I will never wait to get things in order again. Even though the mess was downstairs, the phrase out of sight out of mind is not entirely true. I always knew in the back of my mind there was a monster needing to be tackled. I'm happy to report I have a place for everything and everything in its place, well almost.
As a little girl, I liked things to be neat and tidy. I wanted my dresser drawers and my closet organized. I still like things to be this way but with the responsibilities of and busyness of adult life, I have just been falling short of the my ideals, for really the last couple of years. I really feel like I've turned over a new leaf and can more easily keep up the expectations which I have for myself. You know it is all about habits. If it is your habit to be messy then you are, and the same with clean. In my opinion, if is harder to operate your life and have things go the way you would like, if your abode is utter chaos. Not that things in my home were utter chaos but definitely a degree of chaos. All I can say is it feels great to have my basement organized and know where to find things!!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I do believe life is much happier when things are organized and peaceful. You have nightmares at night if your room is messy, don't you know?
It is true you do have nightmares if your room is messy. I remember mom always saying that.
Way to go, Kim! That's a huge accomplishment! One I need to work on myself... thanks for the inspiration!
Nice work Kimma. It's a great feeling to be organized.
Now that you're all organized and settled comfortably in your home, maybe you should just STAY!!! Just kidding, I shouldn't say things like that. Maybe just a little longer, though?
I'm glad you got so much done. It does feel good. I've been working on things today but now I'm inspired to stay on task (We are Larsen's). Great job!
I finally found you Kim. It's your ski buddy Amberlie. I hope you don't mind, but I asked Kelly if she knew where you were. Sad to say for me, you were in Layton. For the past 3 years, I was living in Ogden, but now I am in Sandy. We could have done stuff together. Now it looks like you are moving to Texas. I would love to hear about what's been going on with you these past 8 years about. Please email me- artorgersen@hotmail.com. It seems you are doing well. I would love to see a picture of you! Take care!
Post a Comment