
The older I get the more I feel like time is passing me by. I guess the way to avoid this feeling is to be present for each moment and really soak life in. I sometimes get this feeling at this time of year as I reflect on the past year. As is human nature, I spend too much time thinking of what I maybe haven't accomplished and not enough time rejoicing in what I have accomplished and the blessings I enjoy. Life is short, too short to focus on what maybe isn't just quite right or perfect so I'm going to discard the feeling of discouragement, the devils great tool and rejoice in the many blessings God has given me.
First today I would list my DAD. My dad is great and a big help to me. Jeremy and I keep somewhat hectic schedules and my Dad is willing to help us with the kids. This is not something I believe many grandpas do. Tonight I was offered a home care visit ( I started a per diem job last month doing home infusions), last minute. As I have not gotten my hours at the hospital this fall I wanted take the opportunity but Jeremy was working. I called my Dad and he said, sure bring the kids up in an hour. I was able to earn some good money, because of his willingness to help out with the kids. Thank you dad your are a great cotten ball, and the kids love you. Cotten ball is an affectionate term my kids call my Dad. Don't ask how it started I really don't know.
Each of my children, bring such joy to my life. Sometimes in those moment of discouragement when my focus is on the wrong things, I forget I have all the blessing I need with my little family. How blessed am to have a husband and three beautiful children. I love watching them grow and change and seeing their personalities develop. I am so amazed at how children truly soak up whatever they see and hear. If you say get your shit together to someone and they over hear you be prepared to hear your little lady use a four letter word. Today Andrew picked up a credit card which was on the desk and said this is my debit card. I thought how does he know what a debit card is? I guess they ask whenever you check out, debit or credit? There little minds are such sponges I wish mine was. Andrew and Lexie are often caring stuffed animals around calling them there kids. Today Andrew said his kids were not acting nice, he has three, Alshley, Emerey, and Carter. I think those are names of kids at preschool. Then Lexie started saying her kids were acting terrible and it was ridiculous. I hear myself in so many of the things they say. I hope I am teaching them the right things. I love that she wanted to do her dratitude (gratitude) journal before going to bed and the cute things she says and her funny prayers. Often in Lexie's prayers I do not know what she is talking about, but I guess the Lord does. My little Annie is at such a fun age, 15 months. She jabbers lots, gets into everything, her most recent obsession the toothbrush drawer, and can often be seen tagging along after her siblings. She wants to be a part of the fun. I love the magic children bring to the holiday season, and I love seeing the twinkle an excitement in their eyes when we talk about or see anything Christmas. I wish you all a Merry Christmas! Enjoy the season.
6 comments:
Beautiful photo. Way to focus on what's most important Kimma.
Your girls are darling and Andrew is quite handsome. Family is what it's all about.
Good Blog!! They are cute cottonballs. Dad is the best Grandpa.
Beautiful Blog as always.
Kim, you are such a good writer and photographer. I love the picture. Aren't grandpas the best? My dad used to watch my kids every Monday when I work. Now he's on a mission, so now my father in law watches them.
Kim,
Wow I just love you! Merry Christmas. YOu have helped me remember to not sweat the small stuff and be grateful! I cherish your friendship. You are an amazing mom and friend
Love,Natty H
Post a Comment