Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gladden the Heart


I have been in a blogging slump lately. I think all the hub bub and financial crisis our country is in has had me preoccupied. Because of the Gloom and doom feeling I wanted to write and share what I have been up to which has made me happy, and express gratitude for the blessings in my life.
First piece of great news. I am all caught up on my laundry, this is no small feat. Second Yesterday Lexie and I cleaned my room while Andrew was at school. We did a bang up job, dusting, vacuuming the bathroom mopping, shower, tub, we did it all. I realize I am an adult and my room should be clean, but it always seems to get neglected. I try to clean up the house before bed, but sometimes by the time I get to my room I am out of steam, so I am very pleased with my clean room.
I have been enjoying the fall. I love it. It is a wonderful time of year, with all the color changes, preparing the yard for winter. I love the smell of grapes in the fall. Do you know what I mean? I remember running cross country in high school and there was this one route where we would go past a fence lined with grapes. I can still smell it and it is making my mouth water as I type. I have always loved the fall, and I think I just like the season change. Which is funny because in most other ways, I really do not enjoy change, it is hard for me.
Finally the last thing which has brought me joy as of late is a photography class I have been taking. It has been on Tuesday nights and it has been so much fun and I think I've learned some valuable things at it. So without further babbling I'll show some of the pictures I liked.

With the recent happening in the news I have found a renewed gratitude for the blessings in my life. I am so grateful for my job. Gratitude for my job is something which at times I don't always feel. I have always wanted to stay at home with my kids so sometimes I am less than grateful, which I know is shameful. But with so many people out of work I feel so very blessed to have a job and one that isn't going anywhere. I have been blessed with great opportunities as a nurse and have had the opportunity to work in many different areas. As a nurse I am very marketable and am grateful for this and grateful to my parents for encouraging me to get an education and one which I could use if need be. I am also so very grateful for my family, extended and immediate. I love my children more than anything and receive great joy from them and the funny things they do. I cannot nor do I want to imagine my life without them. They can be trying and taxing at times, but they truly are my greatest joy and blessing. I'm grateful for Jeremy. There are so many ways in which he is a great example to me. He is a hard worker and great dad. I love him and love that he is able to put me at ease when I'm anxious or worried about things. He always seems to know things will work out and be okay, and he is usually right. I'm grateful for parents, siblings, and in-laws who keep me grounded. I love that my sisters are my best friends and am so happy for there example and influence in my life. Lastly I'm grateful for good neighbors. We live in a wonderful neighborhood full of sounds of childhood. I couldn't ask for a better place to raise my kids. So with all the gloom and doom I want to think of what gladdens my heart and all my blessings and the day feels a little brighter!

11 comments:

Jen said...

I took a photography class years ago and I have been wanting to take another. Back then I really wanted to learn how to develop my own pictures. Now that digital has gotten so good I want to do it again to learn how to take great photos. Where do you take the class?

Maranda said...

Ah Kim...thanks for the message.

The photos you took are great!

Heather said...

You've got talent Kimma. And beautiful children!

Turpin Times said...

Good work, Kim. I'm anxious to see the photos you took of Baby Drake.

Jessica O. said...

You are one of my best friends also! I love the photo with the bee. You really do hate change in most ways. I actually think I like it. It's kind of like food I get bored easily. Your getting good with the camera...in no time you won't have to pay people to take their picture!

Melanie said...

I miss working with you!!! It has been forever. Gratitude is such a wonderful thing. Thanks for the reminder.

Jerry said...

good job Kim. I think you are awsome. The kidsare really cute. I love them. Your pictures are really good. We need a new family photo. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Great post- lots of good thoughts:) Our crazy job is a thing to be grateful for- isn't it?! And, I'm very impressed with the pictures.

Nicole said...

Good post Kimma! You are very lucky and so are all of us. I love you lots.

Andria said...

Your pics are awesome! I always love looking at what you have done. I totally know about the being ungrateful part. So many people down here have lost their houses - I am so glad for my being able to get a job. Even if it's not with you guys!

Jer + Lu said...

Where did you find the time to squeeze in a photography class?? You're amazing! The pics look great too :)