I've always thought my mom was super woman, she gets so much accomplished in a day. I thought this superwoman quality was bestowed upon you when you became a mom, but I have since learned it is not, not all women are superwoman and I'm still waiting for it to happen for me. What makes her superwoman, is she consistently does what she is suppose to each day. She never takes a day off, which is something I need to practice. She is for sure the hardest worker I know. I wish I was as driven as my mother is. She is a laundry wizard, a good cook, clean, fabulous sewer. In fact I think if we were the same age I would feel annoyed that she was so good at everything, but since she is my mom I just know it is part of being the superwoman she is.
Some of my favorite memories are...
- When we were little she would wake us up singing the cougar fight song. Rise and shout.
- I remember here kissing me goodbye, on the porch and telling me to be the smartest at school, be good, and she'd see me in the funny papers.
- She would make me doll clothes that would be waiting for me as a surprise when I woke up form my nap.
- I remember canning and making jam with her
- Mom and I would go on walks with Red, the dog. I remember taking the dog to the park behind the cemetery and we took him down the twirly slide, this probably took a year off his life.
- She cackles and makes me laugh, I specifically remember her cackling one day when she filled the ice tray up. I asked her why she was laughing and she said, "because I filled the ice tray with hot water."
- She would tuck me in at night and sing"Did you say your Prayers last night.
- I've always thought my mom was very pretty. I love dark hair and blue eyes together. It is not the most common combination and I think it is very striking.
She is a great women and I love her. I'm grateful to have been raised by such a strong and faithful women. I hope to be the kind of Mother mine is. Love you Mom.
5 comments:
I also remember your mom telling all of us when she dropped us off at school, "Be the smartest girls at school today." I also remember watching your mom get into bed with Michael to read him stories. I think of that still and can't wait to do it with James. Your mom is a great lady!
She is the best. I love trying to do some of the same thngs with my boys. Both of my kids sing the cougar fight song.
I agree, your mom is beautiful. I am tagging you if you are interested check out my blog on Wednesday for details.
Very good blog entry. I am quite annoyed that I am the worst writer of all the sisters. Mom, even though I am not as good at expressing myself in writing. I still love you best!
How sweet. I love the BYU fight song part. Too funny!
Post a Comment