Friday, May 9, 2008

Pretend Play

Andrew insisted I play on the computer, while he and Lexie played down stairs so I'm obliging. It is so funny to observe them play. They are getting to the age where they pretend and it is so funny. It is so humbling to be a parent, they just do exactly what they see mom and dad do. Since I've been playing on the computer at Andrew's instruction, I've heard: "not today," "Lexie I'm making you macaroni" (which we have had a lot of lately, since it is one of the few things she will eat), "be careful it's hot", "we don't say naughty words." They really do imitate all we do. They are cooking and cleaning, which I guess we spend a fair amount of time doing these activities. It seems you just get the kitchen cleaned from one meal and it is time for the next. Also Andrew is such a messy eater, I wish my kitchen had a flush switch like the toilet so I could push it after he gets done eating. How do you teach a three year old table etiquette? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Well that's all for today. Hope you all have a good day.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

Taj is the same way I thought it was just him. He can eat one cracker and I find crumbs all over the kitchen. On the table on the chair a little smudge on the wall! If you find a good solution let me know!

Jessica O. said...

I don't really have any suggestions for him. He is the messiest eater. Although Truman was a pig and he is much better now so just pray that time will help.

Nicole said...

Make him start cleaning up his mess after every meal and remind him to lean over his plate, so it isn't such a difficult job. If he doesn't quit being so messy he should have to eat all meals out of doors.