Top Ten Reasons why my Dad is the Greatest
- He rolled my hair in curlers as a little girl. I don't know too many Dad's who did this. He was always a hands on Dad, and involved in our lives and the activities we participated in.
- He is the proudest Grandfather Ever. He talks about how athletic Isacc is, beautiful Lexie is, Smart Jack is etc... on and on for all of them. Also he will babysit; unusual for a grandpa.
- He taught his kids to have a love for reading. I remember going to Bob's book barn and trading in our old books for new then having read-a-thons with black licorice and sodas.
- He let us dump our nasty dinner down the drain when mom wasn't looking
- He will have the fire on in may or possibly June. He is always cold.
- He taught us life is about choices, you always have options.
- He is full of surprises. He may come home with new boat no one knew about (not even Mom) or he may moon you on Christmas morning.
- He tells the best version of "The Three Bears" and "The Three Little Pigs" ever.
- He exemplifies charity. He truly "strengthens the feeble knees, and lifts up the hands which hang down."
- He believes in me, and taught me to do the same.
Happy Birthday Dad. We all love you and thank you for all you do, and who you are. I'm so glad your mine. I truly feel like I have the best Dad, the world over.




7 comments:
He is the best. Happy Birthday to you! He is so fun and I love that he wants to talk to us daily. Hopefully we have picked up on some of his great qualities. Good job Kim on highlighting Dad.
I really am lucky to have the greatest daddy! Dad you truly exemplify what a great father should be. Thank you for the example of a great parent and father. I love you!
Kim it really is true that you write tear jerkers almost every time. What a nice tribute to your father. Your dad always makes people feel special. Every time I see your dad he remembers things about you that are insignificant but remind you that he cares about you.
And remember the time when he sold THE Bronco? I'm wondering if y'all have finally gotten over that one.
Jerry is the best. You wanna know what's going on, just ask him. I also appreciate that I can always count on a hug from him. And its not one of those creepy, old man hugs. You dad is definitely an integral part of my childhood memories. He is a treasure.
that made me cry. no wonder you are such a great person!!
Today I was talking to Dad and he has decided that he wants to have a blog. You know that you are the one who made him want to do this. I believe you are the favorite child this week, even inspite of Andrew's little error.
Jerry with a blog?! That would be AWESOME! Can we please please please all encourage and help him? I might just call him right now!
I heard about the "incident". Looking forward to Kim's blog perspective on that one.
Post a Comment