I thought conference was excellent. I especially loved Elder Ballard's talk, Elder Bednar, and when President Monson closed the conference. I felt like things were very good and uplifting and have inspired me to try and be better. I'm going to try to notice the moments in life that are so precious and fleeting, which Elder Ballard referred to. You know when you just feel like right now in this instant everything is perfect, when you wouldn't change anything and you're not worried about anything. I remember feeling this way last summer when we would do the yard work in the evening. We were all together, getting along, playing, working, and having fun as a family. The day we went to the hospital to have Anna we had one of these "moments". I had worked an 8 hour shift, when I got home it was a nice afternoon, so we had chocolate ice cream in camping chairs on the driveway, Andrew and Lexie were covered in chocolate. Jeremy went in to get them in the tub and I was coming in behind them and that is the instant my water broke. I remember it as my last memory as our family of four together. I'm so glad I have this memory and it is one of those moments where everything was perfect. When I have these moments I try to make them last, but they are brief and then life continues on. The trick is in being present, and recognizing them when they come. Like when you lay by one of your kids and they just lay there and hold still and are truly with you, and you with them, and you are just feeling one another breath. Or when you feel like you husband really gets you, these moments are definitely fleeting. I'm kidding but I'm sure you know what I meant, in the hub-bub of life, schedules, activities, work, bills, church sometimes these precious moments are not noticed or get lost in all the action.
I'm also working on praying in the manner that President Bednar spoke of. Active prayers, and not just going through the motions. I thought of how important this is especially in teaching our children how to pray. So I'm going to make an active effort in saying meaningful prayers and teaching my children to do the same.
It was great to hear all the talks and I look forward to May's Ensign. I've always loved conference, even as a kid. So just thought I would share my thoughts. Hope you all enjoyed it as well.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I thought conference was really good as well. I feel motivated to try harder. You have very good insights and I am very proud of the great attitude you have had over the past several months. Life really is what we make it.
Sometimes when I read you blog it makes me cry. You say really nice things. I really loved Elder Ballards talk as well and that was a moment where I thought he is talking to me. Life is what you make it. I also want to take those great moments and remember them. I love you!
Thanks for your insight. It reminded me of my thoughts...of course I haven't even thought of them since I thought of them at the moment I was thinking them(did that make any sense) Anyhow, thanks for reminding me of what I should be doing too.
Post a Comment