My little Lexie has gorgeous, THICK hair. It is really long, and for several months we have been talking about cutting it. I suggested she donate to locks of love, this would be a great service she could do. She has been mulling it over since probably, April. On Friday she decided to do it. We were at my moms house and, my mom said, "lets cut your hair next week, for locks of love." My mom probably suggested this cause Lexie's long mane wasn't exactly coiffed. Lexie promptly replied, "lets do it now." My mom jumped on this as she thought she may change her mind if we waited. I told my mom it needed to have an elastic band at both ends of the 10 inches of pony tail required for donation. I watched through my fingers, and covered my face as my mother sawed off Lexie's beautiful hair. I wasn't entirely sure I wanted Lex, to do this. I love her hair, and doing fun things to it. It is a pain to comb through and gets so tangled. It definitely needed a trim. It was so thick the scissors had a hard time cutting through it. When it was done she had a stubby pony sticking out. Funny thing was, rather than placing the pony at the nape of her neck it was a high pony. So the front of her hair was to her shoulders and the back was mid skull. It was not a great look. Matt saw her from behind walking into the house, and commented that it kinda looked like she lived in a trailer park. Needless to say there were a few tears on both hers and my part. The tears were brief, after all, it is just hair and, it will grow back. We went on Saturday to the salon to get it fixed. She is now sporting a cute a-line bob, stacked in the back. She looks darling and I'm loving that she can wake up in the morning, run a brush through her hair and it looks cute. I'm toying with the idea of cutting Anna's to match. And of course she wants too cause she hero worships her sister. After the hair was originally cut and we realized it would need some fixing, Anna cried and cried because we wouldn't cut off her two braided pig tails. That girl makes me laugh. My mom verbally berated herself for the rest of the day for making such a mistake. If you know my mom, this is very much out of character. She has an ample dose of the not so common, "common" sense. Lexie is liking her hair but has no future plans to donate again. I'm so proud of you for donating to locks of love, Lex. Love you!
(I have no pictures to show the befores, needing to be fixed. I lost my phone, which was the only thing I documented the event on. :( But we will add an after.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good work Lexie! Can't wait to see the pictures!
She looks super cute. No matter what the "boys" in our family think. Remind her that you're more beautiful on the outside when the inside is beautiful. Donating her hair was very kind. Maybe she won't be as attached to her hair as I was (am) to mine:)
I bet she looks darling. I can't wait to see it. I've always thought your girlies are the prettiest around.
Wow- what a huge donation for such a little girl! Can't wait to see the cute new do!
Post a Comment