Over the past few months I have noticed the amount of pretend play that goes on with my children. It is fun to sit back and observe, when they don't know you are looking; and when it is on an occasion when they are all getting along. They are 6, 5, and 3 respectively. Over the past three years, when people ask if you have kids, and I prattle of the ages, there are two common reactions. When you you have a 3, 2, and baby people very often say whoa, you've got your hands full. But it was often followed up with how much fun that will be when they are older, usually referring to high school ages. It is true, they have been a handful but as we have left the baby stage, everyone is potty trained ( minus one particular hitch in this department), they can do a few things for themselves I am seeing the vision of how fun it will be with three so close in age. We are excited for Carson, to be joining the clan, as well. Carson is Matt's son who is three. So I guess, now we really have our hands full. I'm excited for all the fun all these kiddos bring to life.
I have this distinct memory from last summer... We were all on the trampoline playing. Me and my kids. Matt and his. It was one of those magical moments. I remember Matt making the comment he could get use to this. It was a perfect summer evening, everyone was getting along, it was peaceful and I was happy. I'm looking froward to many more summer evenings such as this... interspersed with the inevitable disputes along the way. I'm so grateful for the blessing of children in my life. I hope I will take to the time to slow down and learn the lessons they are able to teach. Sometimes with all the housework, laundry etc that comes with children it is difficult to find the balance of work and play and slowing down to really listen to them. Cheers to kids!
1 comment:
Kids really add so much to my life. I find that when I actually stop and listen and observe, it is true sweetness. I wish you many more perfect summer evenings!
Post a Comment