Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 20: 30 Days of Gratitude...The magic of Christmas


I especially love the magic that children bring to the holiday season. Last night I wrapped a few gifts. I put a few from mom and some for extended family under the tree. This morning when they woke and saw the presents, the ran into my bathroom and asked if Santa had come, "is it Christmas?" No, those are from me came the reply. They then proceeded to tell me how I'm the best mom, I love you, etc. They then proceeded to spend the rest the morning as I got ready Asking what day it is and then counting down till Christmas. Andrew even said he wished Christmas was on the 20th. I remember having this same excitement for Christmas as a kid. It seemed it would never arrive. Now it seems we just finished Christmas 2009, and now it's Christmas 2010. Where does the time go. Just today this gentleman commented on how when I get to be his age time will go that must faster. I love my kids and the joy and excitement they bring the holiday season.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I kind of wish we adults could feel that excitement once again.

Jocelyn said...

Kim...I was just talking about this with some friends today. I love when we have these moments as adults to see this joy and excitement in children

Heather said...

It is indeed the most wonderful time of the year. I think the magic is the way we treat others and the way we feel in our hearts. Thanks to you, Jess, Jen, and Joc for posting 30 days of gratitude. It has added to my personal experience of the joy of the Christmas season!