Monday, October 25, 2010

Random Update

Life has been busy, and I do not have the internet, at my house so my blogging has diminished. I know, who doesn't have the internet at home? Me. So far we've done alright, but I may have lasted as long as I can. I hate to say it is a necessity, but it sorta feels like one in todays world.
What we've been up to:
  • I think most people who read this, know Jeremy and I got divorced. Not what anyone thinks will happen going into a marriage, but, it is what it is. We are trying to make the best out of an unideal situation. Is that I word? I don't think so... Unideal I mean.
  • I moved back into my house in the beginning of August. I had been living at my parents since the middle of February with 3 kids in tow. Also, unideal. We made the best of it and my parents are amazing. I will never be able to repay them for all they have done for me. I could write many blogs about the humors and trials of living with your parents as an adult, as I'm sure my parents could write many about having your 31 year old daughter and 5, 4, and 2 year old grandkids move in with you for 6 months. It wasn't easy for any of us, but we survivied and one day when we are a little further out from it, I'll share some of these anticdotes.
  • I am currently juggling a couple of jobs, houshold, and kids. I have amazing help from neighbors, and family who are near and dear to my heart. I just wish they were on the receiving end a little more instead of me. One day, I'll for sure pay it forward. That is the thing about trials, they really teach you to have compassion for others, and to suspend judgment a little bit. I just hope one day when I'm not as close to my "trial" I will remember it, remember the people who have carried me through and continue to develop compassion for those whose lives aren't where they maybe hoped they would be. Sometimes when things are going good, it's easy to pass judgement, I don't want to fall into this trap.
  • More on my neighbors, who are my saving grace, the Cleverly's. Andrew spends most mornings before school and afternoons after school, here. One day as he was looking at the pictures of Shauna's six kids on the wall, he asked her when she was going to get a picture of him up on the wall. The kid is a crack up and I love him, although he continues to fight me on many fronts. Hopefully we will both learn how to deal with this power struggle a little better. Andrew also asked Shauna one day when her dad stopped by, "So if he's your Dad, and since I'm a part of the family now, Does that mean he's my Grandpa?" I think it went something like that. When he is not at the Cleverly's he is asking if he can go over. I have to say NOOOO, you already spend ample amounts of time there. I am grateful for this as I couldn't hand pick a better influence for my little boy than the Cleverly's. We love you, thanks so much.
  • I'm glad my last name is not Hagelhore. This is not made up, someone really has this surname, although I'm not sure of the spelling. I've just heard it overhead at my work.
  • I'm not ready for the snow and cold weather that came today.
  • Halloween is beginning to rivival Christmas in its festivities. We have 6 Halloween activities this week. That is ridiculous, and I'm sure we will attend every one. I think it is okay, the kids will love it and I'll be exhauseted. If all weeks were like this, it would be a problem; they are not.
  • I've missed blogging and hopefully, I'll be doing it more regularly in the future. And hopefully my Camera will be fixed soon. Andrew busted it earlier this year, and I'm finally getting around to getting it fixed. I haven't liked being without it for so long, hobbies are important.

10 comments:

Turpin Times said...

Kimberly, I think you are amazing!

love bug momma said...

Kim, I'm so sorry for your situation. I hope smiles and rainbows are around you soon! :>

Anonymous said...

kim: i've missed you writting on your blog!
you are an amazing person and mom! love you lots! {hugs}

Jen said...

Kim, It is so good to see you blogging again, you have one of my favorite blogs to follow. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I don't live that far and I have ample free time.

Maranda said...

I am so glad you posted. I too love to read your blog. You always have great insight. You just keep holding your head up like you always do. You are a great woman.

I wish I could have seen you before I left. I sure love you Kim. I will miss working with you and having our little talks.

Leaving you with the hope that your days will be lengthened as you work and raise your family. Hoping you feel like a 24 hr day really feels like a 30hr day to do all that has to be done:) Take care and post more when you can:)

Jocelyn said...

Love the everything blog post. I think you are absolutely fabby. :) It was such funt to see you and the kids last night. I will start looking for "mini me: Lexie" a purple wig. :)

Jessica O. said...

Glad you are back...in all ways! You are doing a great job and your kids have a terrific example. I love you!:) Please don't Lexie be a mini Lady Joc Joc!

Natty said...

Love you, Berla! So glad you are happy again. Sure wish I could see you more but for now I'll take what I can get since you are superwoman!!!! When you are bored at work think of me at home losing my sanity;)

Heather said...

Kim, I have so much respect for you. And I love you. And your kids. Thank you for your great example. It was great talking to you for a few minutes last week. I loved hearing you say you are happy.

Jer + Lu said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again!! I love, love, love reading all you have to say! You are so clever + witty. I wish your name was Hagelhore. I would laugh everytime I said it :D You are truly an amazing woman doing all that you do. You make me proud to be your friend :) Love ya Kim!!