Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bosch vs Kitchen Aid


What to you think which mixer do you prefer, Kitchen Aid or Bosch? I grew up with a Bosch. When I got married I got a Kitchen Aid. Kithchen Aid is fun with all its colors and such, but, hands down the Bosch is the better tool in the kitchen. Every time I make cookies with my Kithen Aid stuff goes everywhere. Granted I am not the cleanest cook in the world and my delcious cookie recipe makes six dozen but still, it just isn't quite big enough. I realize we have the option of halving the recipe but come on if you are going to the trouble of making cookies why half the batch. Plus we can really put away the cookies in my family. Perhaps we'll make some today. The other reason I like the Bosch better, you have your blender attatched, and it is a super powerful blender; no unblended ice chunks in smoothies with the Bosch. I think in 9 years I am on my 3rd blender. First, the motor busted. Second, the actual pictcher busted and the replacement pitcher was as expensive as a new blender. So on to blender #3. I really want a Bosch but can't justify buying one when my mixer works fine. I've been informed if I start making homemade bread, the motor on my Kitchen Aid will wear out in no time, so bring on the bread! Plus who doesn't love homemade bread. The verdict for me is BOSCH all the way. So if you are looking for a mixer, just getting married, debating on your mixer choices go with the Bosch. If your never going to use your mixer it the first place, get what ever is cheapestor skip it all together.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I totally agree. I've had my bosch for 15 years. I have had to get new beaters and a new picther but replacement parts are reasonable and easy to find. Bosch all the way, even though initally it is expensive. They last forever. My mother-in-law uses her mom's bosch. Enough said.

Jessica O. said...

Bosch! I have had both. I gave my Kitchen Aid to Jason. I wonder if he knows where it is? Bosch is lighter and very powerful. I got it for Christmas a few years ago and I have never looked back and I bake A LOT of cookies! Although I must give Kitchen Aid style points.

Maranda said...

I'm saving for my Bosch:)

Jen said...

I've never used a Bosch so I prefer the Kitchen Aid.

Heather said...

I have a KitchenAid, but I too want a Bosch! I've been thinking of doing homemade bread, but a Kitchenaid doesn't do it for me. So, until I have a Bosch, I think I'll hold off!

Turpin Times said...

Love my Bosch too!

Heather said...

You know what's funny? Uncle Doug and Aunt Carol offered me a Bosch for our wedding. I told them I preferred a KitchenAid. Talk about being retarded. I agree, the Bosch is better. But for now, the Kitchen Aid works. I'll have to wear it out before I can justify buying a Bosch. Faye has had hers for pretty much ever. I broke the lid last year so she got a new bowl, but otherwise, it's pretty much original.