Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Humiliation

Whenever we are heading off to school it seems we barely make it there on time. We are usually on time but it is always by the hair on our chinny chin chins. It doesn't seem to matter how early we start. Andrew is a doddler and it may makes me nuts. Anyone with any suggestions for the doddling I would be happy to hear. So back to my story, We get Andrew to school and I am in the car with the girls. Andrew is the only one with the morning five done. He bolts out of the door and runs like an Olympian to the door where the Kindergartners are lining up. Of course he leaves his back pack in the car. I noticed right away and yelled, AnDREW ANDREW. But no luck he is gone inside just that quick. I have to walk into the school in my pajamas hair everywhere to give the child his back pack. Anyone with short hair knows what I mean when I say hair EVERYWHERE. We strapped it on his back before we left, why is it not on? I swear he would forget his head if it were not attached. The most humiliating part is the teacher who lets the kids in is my fifth grade teacher and also a previous Bishop of mine. I swear I am doomed to spend my life humiliated. I guess the moral of the story is my new goal: Have my morning 5 done before Andrew goes to school. Maybe I will post a picture of myself or maybe I'll save myself the humiliation. I may as well roll my hair in curlers, put some smudged lipstick on and go out and run my errands in a moo moo. Well I'm off to get DRESSED.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Please, please put your hair in curlers, smudge your lipstick and put on a moo moo.

Heather said...

Hilarious! We had a morning like this not too long ago! Except my child was going in the school crying. My other was jumping out of the car all dressed like a pirate because he thought I was leaving him! We were a circus sight, I'm sure!

Heather said...

No worries, I bet Mr. Law didn't even notice. Seriously, think about it.

Natty said...

Ditto to Heather's comment. Too funny! At least he made it on time! It takes me back to running to school with you and Brent after picking you up in the morning.

Jessica O. said...

He probably was just glad to know you found your voice!