Monday, August 24, 2009

Update

Well since my blogging competition ended with my sisters, which by the way I won, I haven't been very good at posting. I'm going to get back into it as it is something I enjoy and makes me happy. So some random updates:

Saturday night (8/22/09) cute Andrew said," Is tomorrow fast Sunday?"
Me: "No."
Andrew: "Is it slow Sunday?"
Jeremy and I had a good laugh at this one. Makes sense if there is a fast Sunday there should be a slow one too. But for me Fast Sunday is the SLOW Sunday. I have never been very good at fasting and it is an area of life I could stand for a little improvement. Sure I fast, or rather go hungry but I really need to develop a testimony of this principle.

When my mom was here in July we decided we would try to highlight my hair, against my better judgement. My mom tried to tell me it didn't look "that bad" when someone uses this term you know it's not good.
So I waited and then when Jess was here she bought some hair dye before she left for home. So that night after the wonderful vacation which you can read about here ended, I dyed my hair. This is a first for me. I have always paid someone for my dye jobs (there is a reason for this). Anyhow, the color is much darker with a fair amount of red highlights. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. But when Lexie noticed she said,"Did you paint your hair?" I told her I did and she got all excited said she wanted to paint her hair in the morning, ran into the bathroom looking for the paint, then asked if I used fingernail polish. I love how their little minds work. They make me so happy and I feel so lucky to be a mother. I just want to always remember the cute things they do and say, especially in the moments where I am clearly losing it.

7 comments:

Cheri said...

so why is there no picture of the new hair?? BTW Bailee is mostly potty trained. we had no accidents yesterday so I think it's smooth sailing from now on. It's been about 1 accident a day for about 2 weeks so she gets it. Now I have to have courage to put panties on her (we've been using mostly pullups). Keep blogging- I miss seeing you and your kiddos..

Jessica O. said...

Kim I know your hair doesn't look bad. You are just not used to it. I also painted my own hair this weekend and I seriously wonder why I paid someone else when I can do it myself for about $10.00. You just need a little practice. Then when you win the lottery if you want you can pay some drama queen (or king) to dye it for you. Love you.

Natty said...

I want to see a picture too. I'm sorry that Jess' trip was no good. Your kiddos are dolls. I hope Andrew had a great first day of kindergarten! And you too! :) Love you!

Heather said...

Hello? Picture?
Your kids are darling.
Was today the first day of kindergarten at your house?
You're a gem.

Turpin Times said...

Kim, you are so funny. It's always drama at your house! I'm sure your hair looks fine. You should post a picture. I love the slow Sunday comment. I remember Blake saying the same thing. You are a fantastic mother.

Jer + Lu said...

Pictures please!
And I hope you immediately hid all your nail polish...

Jerry said...

I have to say I get too much bad press your hair didn't look that bad. I think you should have posted a picture. People are pretty honest especially when it isn't in person. Love, MOM