Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lets Go Swimming

Since my kids have been saying the title of this blog daily I thought I should do a post on it. We have spent a fair amount of time at the pool this summer. The home we are renting is part of a HOA which has a community pool. It has been great. Both Andrew and Lexie have learned to swim this summer just from going to the pool. They still need to practice, but they are good enough that I am not paranoid about them by the water. Anna is also very comfortable around the water. She will sink like a rock though. She has loved taking a bucket and little ladle and spooning the water into the bucket. Don't try and take in from her she will let you know by yelling MINE. I really abhor this word for the 18month to three year old. Some how they pick up on it at say it about everything. I love that picture of her content with her work and her little wispy's glistening in the sunlight. The pool is close. Walking distance, as is Andrew's school so we really are in a good location. We probably have another good month to six weeks of pool usage left as it stay hot for awhile, and I am really ready for a break from the heat.
The CRICKETS have come. Apparently there is a large infestation of crickets every fall, and according to the women at the post office will last till about November. Not looking forward to this part of fall. They just appeared yesterday and they were at various places all over town. They flock to the buildings and you can see walls covered in the biggest blackest crickets I have ever seen. I am a bug sissy, so I may or may not take a picture. I will pray for the seagulls to come. That was Jessica's, my sisters, advice. I think I'll take it. Before we left to come down my home teacher kept commenting on the bugs down here. I'm starting to understand his fixation on them as well as the large market for pest control. Well time to go as I have a messy house and bawling children to attend to. Have a great Saturday!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Kim
What great summer memories your kids are making at the pool! They certainly love the water!
Anna looks so precious sitting there playing with her bucket and scoop.
Enjoy the rest of the pool season!

Jessica O. said...

They are cutie pies. Anna looks like a toddler and not a baby. She is darling. I'm glad you have a pool to go to all the time. It is my wish. Kids love to swim and so do Mom's.

Heather said...

Thank goodness for the pool!
Good luck with the bugs. Ew! There was a COCKROACH crawling across the carpet at work the other day. I just about lost it. Took me right back to my days in Bordeaux with your husband. Has he ever told you that story?

Natty said...

Looks like you're finding a way to keep cool in the bug infested T.E.X.A.S.

Jer + Lu said...

I love reading your writing. You have a way with words :) When did Anna get so big? I totally thought that was Lexie!