Sunday, June 21, 2009

To the Dads in my Life

Jeremy, Lexie, and Andrew March 2007
First a Happy Fathers Day to all the men in my life. I am so grateful for the Dad's in my life and the examples they are to me. I grateful that Jeremy, is and involved Dad like mine was. He is hands on. He loves to play with the kids; chase laugh, tickle. He loves his kids and they adore him. Thank you Jeremy for being a great father; I don't think it comes as naturally to all as it does for him. For this I am grateful.
Rory and Anna Christmas 2008
I am grateful for my father-in-law Rory. He is so good to my kids and really loves them. He is a great example of service and and commitment to his beliefs. I hope one day Jeremy and I can work towards the devotion I see in him. He is kind to all and no respecter of persons, and wouldn't the world be a better place if we were all like this. Thank you for teaching Jeremy to be a good Dad.

Anna and Dad September 2008 Annie's first Birthday
And last but certainly not least my very own Daddy. He is the measuring stick by which all other men are measured. This is maybe not fair, as a store clerk once told me no man will measure up to a little girls father. Lucky for Jeremy, he has two girls of his own to idolize him this way, and I think in some respects this is the way it is suppose to be. I love my Dad because: he taught me I could do anything no matter what; he is always supportive, at my soccer games, track meets, piano recitals, and still counties to be supportive in my adult life; he loves my kids; he is Christlike and leads by example. I love you Daddy and miss you. Thanks for all that you do. I can't wait to see you next month.

3 comments:

Jessica O. said...

You are lucky to be surrounded by good men. Dad is the best. There is no one better and he can sure make us laugh.

Heather said...

Big Jer is a gem. The Ward fellas aren't bad either!

Jer + Lu said...

What great dads! But I think they're all lucky to have YOU as a common link!