Monday, June 15, 2009

JUST BECAUSE!

Lexie, Anna, Andrew June 14, 2009
Last night I decided I would have a camp out in the yard with the kids. They were so excited. It is really the little things. We were out in the tent and Andrew was telling us a story about Lehi, which was a story that was all over the place, when he decided he was headed in for the night. He ran off saying, "Goodnight, I'll see you in the morning." I hope I am not raising a sissy. He returned a few minutes later because he forgot his blanket. Then this morning he said, " Hey, why didn't we sleep in the tent?"
I guess he forgot he was scared. The girls and I lasted until about 3:00 am when I had to go to the bathroom and wanted a real bed. We will have to try again.
Lexie and I had fun talking about shooting stars, I remembered the song "Catch a Falling Star and Put it in your Pocket." Because Lex, asked if you could pick up a shooting star. We sang Primary songs, and I listened to her make up her own songs. I tried to point out the Big Dipper. We talked about crickets chirping and how they made that noise. I love these little kids and sometimes feel like if I blink I will miss something. It is easy to forget that the little guys just want some of our time and if we give it the rewards are great. Don't you think they are just darling? I love you Andrew, Anna, and Lexie!


12 comments:

Jerry said...

good job Kim. The Kids are so cute and I miss them. Jeremy will have to take Andrew camping. Did you find the Big Dipper. I love and miss you. Dad

Natty said...

What a fun thing to do with your kiddos! Andrew sounds a bit like his mother...remember when our sleepovers would last until around 11 pm when you'd call your dad to go home?

Jerry said...

I always loved to sleep out when I was in the 7th grade I slept out on the patio for one year. I made it through the entire winter in a sleeping bag that I purchased with money I earned rolling bails. That is another story. The kids are darling I miss all of you. Love, MOM

Jessica O. said...

Natalie hit the nail on the head. He is not a sissy just a little bit of Kim. Nature vs. Nurture. They are cute. I love them. Wade keeps talking about sleeping out on the tramp with the boys but it has rained every day. Maybe in July when it is like 100 it will work out. Love you. Kiss you kids.

Jen said...

What a great family activity, you are an amazing mom.

Cheri said...

good for you Kim. both my boys hate to sleep in tents and only do so at boy scout camps. They both say"why sleep outside when we have a perfectly good bed inside." logical I guess.

Linda said...

Kim
I just returned from YW Camp (the cold winter version) and Rory told me to check out your almost daily blogging ... WOW you are so great at putting your thoughts into words!!
It sounds like you and your family are loving TEXAS!
Thanks for sharing all the fun adventures, it makes me feel connected over the miles.
Lots of love ... Linda (give the kids grandma hugs)

Heather said...

What a fun mom you are! I wish I were more like you Kim! That is my goal, to think and look at my kids and life like Kim! Sometimes I get too wrapped up in other things. We are going to be sleeping in our newly finished basement this coming weekend though. Carpet comes on Thurs!

Jocelyn said...

Kima ( fellow moon goddess). I am so proud of you for starting moon goddess training with the girls. They will be ready for full membership in no time. As always you are thinking of great fun ideas. Miss you more during waterski season. You are not missing a thing though it rains here everyday. :(. Love ya

Nicole said...

I personally think Andrew is the smart one. But you've given me a good idea. My boys would love it. Miss you lots. I wish you were coming to Powell. Give your kids a big kiss from me.

Heather said...

Kimma..I think you all got the best parts of sleeping outside and the benefits of your comfy bed inside! Looking at the stars, telling stories, and being together are the best parts of sleeping out. Keep up the good work!

Jer + Lu said...

You have the cutest kids in the world! So darling! You are so good at doing all the "little things" with them. Thanks for the inspiration!