Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Drive-In

Andrew, Anna, and Lexie @ the Drive-In May 30 2009

Last night for a family outing we went to the drive-in movie; it was a double feture and kids 5 and under are free. I'm telling you this is the way to do family movies as it is much less expensive than a regular theater. Twenty dollars for a family of five with treats. I felt like we were going back in time a little bit. The place had Grease written all over it. We had a fun time and I think it is important to be building memories and traditions with our children. I'm hoping this is something we could maybe start.

Jeremy having some popcorn. Rare he never eats popcorn.


Part of the Grease feeling I was referring to


The movie screen. They had four screens and the place was packed



Jeremy and Anna in the concessions line



The concessions line



Me and Anna ( she has become a total pill as of our arrival in Texas)

13 comments:

Jessica O. said...

Looks fun. Me, Jen, and Joc went to a few of those. I'll have to see if the place is still around. Miss you.

Natty said...

Did your kids stay awake for the shows? It looks like fun. You look cute. Sorry Anna is being a pill. She is getting so big! I missed you in Park City.

Kim Ward said...

Nat we only stayed for the first show, They all did stay awake though.

Gooches said...

kim! i am so jealous of you! i love texas and wish we could move there! nate and i were talking about going to the drive in this week! how fun! btw, after your superfudge blog i went and bought it for my kids! we are going to start reading it as soon as school is out! i hope you are enjoying yourself and are thankful for the opportunity you have to show your kids a different world out there! love ya tons!

Turpin Times said...

Looks like fun. Don't you love summer?!

Heather said...

What a fun thing! I've never been to a drive in! I think we might have to make that an activity for our family this summer! Thanks for the FUN idea!

Heather said...

Kimma, those pictures look just like Grease! Looks like fun, glad you are finding good things.

Jen said...

Go Grease Lightening!

Jocelyn said...

Kima----I am so jealous....this looks like a tone of fun. Love ya

Jerry said...

Such fun pictures. You will have to blog a lot it is fun to see the kids, You and Jeremy also. You will have great memories of Texas. Love MOM

Nicole said...

Look out or Lexie will be singing SandraDee. What a blast!

Linda said...

Kim - great pics!! Rory and I love seeing the photos and reading your blog! The drive-in looked so FUN! Give give the kids hugs and kisses from Grandma and Grandpa.

Maranda said...

LoVe ThE DrIvE In!!!