Wednesday, April 8, 2009

In the mind of a kid...

Andrew April 2006 (21 months) and his Don King Hair
It is funny to see the way children reason. The other day, Andrew said,"Mom am I black? I said, "Yes." He then followed it up with, "Did God paint me?" He is four, African American, in a white family. He is in preschool doing activities such as finger painting and the likes. I can see how his little mind came to this conclusion. I told him,"No, God makes people all different colors and he made your skin brown, mine white..." and so forth. So today, he rode his John Deere tractor over to the neighbors, and informed Shauna, his tractor is green cause God made it that way. At least he got the lesson, I think. I love this little boy and am Grateful he is in our family.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

That is just the most precious story ever. What a darling little boy and what a great lesson he learned is such a creative way. Hope all is well.

Jessica O. said...

God did make John Deere green just ask Grandpa. I love Andrew. He is a funny boy.

Cheri said...

Thanks for sharing your conversation with Andrew. I will file it and may have to use it someday. :)

Heather said...

Oh! He is so cute. And we are lucky to have him around.

Nicole said...

I love you, Andrew!

Turpin Times said...

So cute!

Jessica said...

That is the cutest picture!! Nick loved it! I will have to remember what you told him.... you are an awesome mom!

Jerry said...

Kim I told the ladies at church that Andrew looks just like me.They laughed and I told them God does not see color. It sobered them. Andrew is great.

Kelly Nielson said...

He looks so cute, what a fun toy! When are you and the kids moving? Are we still on for our "girls trip"?

Andria said...

He is so cute! At least he hasn't starting asking how you get babies and how they come out . . . It's hard to get away with an easy answer when you are so accustomed to the details!