Monday, April 6, 2009

Faith


I have been thinking a lot lately about faith. In the snippets of conference I heard ( I was working) I feel they touched on this and confirmed the thoughts I had been having.
I have a friend who lost her baby mid way through her 2nd trimester. She recently mentioned feeling forgotten by the Lord, struggling with her faith and then guilty for having these feelings in the first place. I think at one time or another most, have had feelings such as these. She made a comment, that maybe in the grand scheme of things when atrocities are occurring in Africa, genocide, child soldiers, hunger, maybe her pain was trifle, didn't quite make the cut for the Lord to consider, or have time for. While understanding her reasoning, I know the Lord is intimately aware of all of us. I can't explain the apparent injustice's in the world, other than we all have different lessons to learn and different circumstances which will aid us in learning what it is we need on an individual basis. I don't understand his omnipotence, but I know it is real, I can feel it in the details of my own life.
I think it is interesting I am in primary. I have on more than one occasion, been comforted, inspired, or had confirmation while in the primary. I think the Lord knows my mind is simple and this is where he can best reach me.
Since deciding to move I have had fearful thoughts, doubts only to have something little remind me this is the right thing for our family now. Two Sundays ago I was having these thoughts race through my mind, when I thought I need to pray for reassurance, and not a minute after I had this thought I got my reassurance through a story my team teacher in primary, shared with the class. Call it coincidence or whatever you will, but this is the way the Lord works, through those around us.
Working as a nurse, on occasion I have had the opportunity to observe those of different faiths than my own. I am always impressed with the Muslim culture. They are a culture of faith and dedication, and observing one women in particular, I felt inspired to be more dedicated in my own faith and beliefs; in an ever changing, tumultuous world Faith can be our constant.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you Kim. Those are great thoughts and reminders regarding Faith. I need those a lot in my life. I have definitely had many times where I feel forgotten by my Heavenly Father.

Cheri said...

Thanks Kim. I would be lieing if I said I haven't also felt forgotten but I have also had the opportunity to feel is magnificent presence, comforting me in times of great difficulty. I too want to work on dedicating myself more to my own faith. That's why I love conference so much. It makes us want to be better.

Jessica O. said...

Very nice. I also feel like I need to try harder. I remember in Israel when I would hear the call to prayer it always reminded me to be more prayerful and ask for the spirit to be with me. I will miss you but I know you are making choices that are right for you and your family. We love you all.

Heather said...

Faith is so powerful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You are a strong woman, Kimma!

Jerry said...

Kim you will do just great. You do have the spirit of the Lord with you.

Nicole said...

Faith and fear can not coexist. We should all choose FAITH. You guys are starting a new adventure and will learn lots of new great things about yourselves. I am sad for me but excited for you. Love you.

Natty said...

What a blessing it is to be able to rely on our faith. I'm glad you are such a great gal and my best friend. I will miss you tons and tons of beans but I know you will love it there. Those Texas folks sure are lucky you're heading their way! Love you, Kimma!