Amongst all the hub bub of a bad economy, recession, unemployment and general state of things I think it is even more important to look for the simple things in life which really what bring us true joy. Sure I would love to be able to quit my job tomorrow and have plenty of discretionary income but would it really make me happier? Maybe for a few weeks, or months, I could possibly ride the high for a year, but would it last? I've come to the conclusion that the bliss I'm picturing in my imagination would be just that, imagined. The things which really make me happy on a daily basis are the little things, which I am already abundantly blessed with. The other day when I was feeling particularly blah, I saw the sunset amidst snow flurries. It was awesome, it immediately added a little pep to my step and it reminded me of the many blessings I can appreciate on a daily basis. Utah sunsets, the funny idiosyncrasies of my family. Lexie finds all sort of crap to sleep with every night and the array of things she must have by her side before going to bed changes weekly. This makes me laugh; is part of what makes Lex unique, quirky, and fun, and a tender mercy I don't want to overlook. So I am trying to find the silver lining, recognize the good, and stay optimistic.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Tender Mercies
Amongst all the hub bub of a bad economy, recession, unemployment and general state of things I think it is even more important to look for the simple things in life which really what bring us true joy. Sure I would love to be able to quit my job tomorrow and have plenty of discretionary income but would it really make me happier? Maybe for a few weeks, or months, I could possibly ride the high for a year, but would it last? I've come to the conclusion that the bliss I'm picturing in my imagination would be just that, imagined. The things which really make me happy on a daily basis are the little things, which I am already abundantly blessed with. The other day when I was feeling particularly blah, I saw the sunset amidst snow flurries. It was awesome, it immediately added a little pep to my step and it reminded me of the many blessings I can appreciate on a daily basis. Utah sunsets, the funny idiosyncrasies of my family. Lexie finds all sort of crap to sleep with every night and the array of things she must have by her side before going to bed changes weekly. This makes me laugh; is part of what makes Lex unique, quirky, and fun, and a tender mercy I don't want to overlook. So I am trying to find the silver lining, recognize the good, and stay optimistic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The suspense is killing me!
Everyone no matter who has plenty to be thankful for. Nice post.
Sometimes the very littlest things are what brings the greatest joy. Sometimes it is hard to see the positive in this world so great job on looking on the bright side.
Kim, if you ever need a little extra love, call my dad. Seriously, I think he adores you. You are a gem. And if you really don't like your job, I still think you are really really good at it! Isn't it such a huge blessing to even have a job? Enough about that. Here's wishing you a happy day!
Post a Comment